Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cts wont recognize my dsp5 tune OS

Default Cts wont recognize my dsp5 tune OS

Posted on duramax diesels as well.. I have searched and read and searched more to no avail on this so its time to ask the experts. I have an 01 truck and have dsp5 efi on it, my problem is no matter if its the 441 OS or the 6006 OS and no matter the vin (I have used an 01, 02, & 03) I always get a black screen on the cts when it powers up each time that looks like the photo attached. The 02 or 03 vin both let me see the pids on the cts but still wont let me switch tunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to get this working. Thanks in advance!

Ben

Hi Ben, probably best to talk to Edge about your issue as the CTS is not an EFILive product and EFILive has made no changes to the DSP5 OS's since they were released many years ago.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Hi Ben, probably best to talk to Edge about your issue as the CTS is not an EFILive product and EFILive has made no changes to the DSP5 OS's since they were released many years ago.
    Yea im going to call em today. Just wondering if I was using the wrong os or something I was missing. Thanks!

You need to use a different OS.

This happens quite often with the CTS or CS on the early LB7s but is easily fixed.

You need to run a 2001 OS for the edge to work changing tunes on a 2001 truck. Those are 2002 OS you have listed. Use this OS and it'll work. 01887305
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Thanks rob, i was kinda thinkin that, but im still trying to learn all i can on efi. Btw, what would it cost me to have you build me a set of tunes for it?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    You need to run a 2001 OS for the edge to work changing tunes on a 2001 truck. Those are 2002 OS you have listed. Use this OS and it'll work. 01887305
    Flashing back to this OS WILL corrupt his change engine oil timer in the ECM, and leave the change engine oil message on permanently. Once you go to an 02, you have to stay with an 02(it even says this in the EFILIVE tutorial). I know MANY have had problems with the 01 OS and the EDGE units, and the 441 with an 02 VIN normally works. Need to call EDGE and see what they have to say about it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Flashing back to this OS WILL corrupt his change engine oil timer in the ECM, and leave the change engine oil message on permanently. Once you go to an 02, you have to stay with an 02(it even says this in the EFILIVE tutorial). I know MANY have had problems with the 01 OS and the EDGE units, and the 441 with an 02 VIN normally works. Need to call EDGE and see what they have to say about it.
    Glad you said that, i recall you mentioning that to someone else!

Sorry, I misread his post saying that he was already swapping 01,02,03 and assumed OS's. Glad it was corrected.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

I called edge and that guy was lost. Hahaha He told me that it should work and it wasn't an issue on there end to call efilive. I quickly realized he was about as helpful as a two year old tying to troubleshoot the issue. He pretty much put it all off on efi. He did say I should use an 03 or 04 OS only on it in order to use the edge with a dsp5 tune set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast