Thread: Problems resulting in 2 bricked ecms......

Default Problems resulting in 2 bricked ecms......

I have had some problems for the last week that has resulted in 2 bricked 0411 ECMs. The first one was a quick change to some transmission perameters , did a calibration update, half way throught the flash it froze. After several minutes I hit cancel and bam, dead. Got one of my spare 0411 that had a rough tune in it. The next day tried a full flash all was moving smooth until the timer got to 1:00, then it froze and the same outcome. I purchased a couple of licenses, and order an ECM. I will have everything I need tomorrow to hopefully move forward.

Now I get a message when I plug in the V2 that says 'Required config file(s) not found MEM c'.
    I went to Efilive explorer, F9 config files, and there is nothing.

I uninstalled V7.5 and V8, reinstalled, same thing.

Any help would be a huge blessing!
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V- Forged 383, twin Turbonetics 60-1 hair dryers
    2003 GMC Envoy 5.3-(aka family truckster) bolt ons and tuned
    1999 Chevy S-10-The gutless wonder work truck

Quote Originally Posted by gotabav View Post
    I have had some problems for the last week that has resulted in 2 bricked 0411 ECMs. The first one was a quick change to some transmission perameters , did a calibration update, half way throught the flash it froze. After several minutes I hit cancel and bam, dead.

Got one of my spare 0411 that had a rough tune in it. The next day tried a full flash all was moving smooth until the timer got to 1:00, then it froze and the same outcome. I purchased a couple of licenses, and order an ECM. I will have everything I need tomorrow to hopefully move forward. !
    As long as the flash got past the first 20 seconds or so an LS1 PCM should always be recoverable by simply trying to reflash it again. The software will say the Cals or OS is missing but you should just be able to proceed ahead and recover them. Doesn't matter if you are using V7.5 or V8 PC pass-though flashing, either should still recover them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I know that is what should happen but both ECMs are dead polled. Now when trying to flash either one no ECM is detected. I think my problem started with a bad USB cable. My big concern is what about the missing config files? Is that going to cause me future problems? If so, how is that fixed?

Lifetime Member

Instructions for configuring FlashScan V2 for black box reading/flashing/logging can be found here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...6659-YAHB-3781

Cheers
    Ciny

Thank you Cindy, that wasn't exactly what I needed but it got me looking at another place. I reloaded a calibration file I save previously and my error message went away. I hope that tomorrow everything works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gotabav View Post
    I know that is what should happen but both ECMs are dead polled. Now when trying to flash either one no ECM is detected. I think my problem started with a bad USB cable. My big concern is what about the missing config files? Is that going to cause me future problems? If so, how is that fixed?
    I don't know what else to say on the PCM recovery, I've never heard of an LS1 PCM that cannot be recovered if it gets past those first critical 20 seconds. Missing config files will not cause the reflash failure error.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.