Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory remote start stopped working after EFI live tune 2010 Silverado 6.2 liter

Default Factory remote start stopped working after EFI live tune 2010 Silverado 6.2 liter

Remote start worked fine prior to getting the truck tuned by EFI live, there are no codes, no CEL and the hood switch is not faulty. The weird part is when I try to do the remote start, it flashes the lights, applies the brakes and primes the fuel pump then nothing after that. I have searched high and low for this issue and it seems to normally affect the diesels but not the gas trucks. I am at the end of my rope here, the guy who tuned it is not offering any help. He has basically told me its not his problem and has stopped responding to my messages/phone calls. The odd part is this guy is very well known in the industry......I just want my truck back the way it was.

PS: I found this post on here regarding this issue:

"I would bet that it is the injector flow rates that need to be read from the GPM and flashed to the ECM.

From the home screen on the V2.
    F2(tune) > F2(injectors) > F1(read GPM inject) > F4(program ECM inject)

That should do it. I have done it once. At first it didn't seem like it worked but, I just shut the ignition off for a few seconds and started it with the key, then off again, then it started with the remote"

Any help at all regarding this would be much appreciated !!!!!

If you flash it back to a bone stock tune, does remote start work again?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

haven't tried that as of yet, all I know is it worked 15mins prior to tuning it. It was cold out side and I started it remotely while I was getting ready to leave. The tuner I used is a good 2hr trip from the house. I noticed it when I got back to the hotel the same day he tuned it and I called him to report my findings but he would not see me and basically brushed me off as hes been doing since. So it looks like i'm back at square one looking for an EFI live tuner but this time in the Houston area.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010LSX View Post

PS: I found this post on here regarding this issue:

"I would bet that it is the injector flow rates that need to be read from the GPM and flashed to the ECM.

From the home screen on the V2.
    F2(tune) > F2(injectors) > F1(read GPM inject) > F4(program ECM inject)

That should do it. I have done it once. At first it didn't seem like it worked but, I just shut the ignition off for a few seconds and started it with the key, then off again, then it started with the remote"

That procedure is not for LSx gasoline engines, AFAICT.

Whichever module does remote start did not like the canlan being busy during the time that the ECM was being flashed, it probably needs to resynch itself with the other modules on bus...

maybe try disconnecting reconnecting the battery.

Assuming that the ECM was flashed with the same (or compatible OS).

remote start is controlled by the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)...which is on the low speed GMLAN bus only. The BCM is the gateway between the high speed and low speed bus, so the ECM does not communicate on the low speed bus at all, and the RCDLR doesnt communicate with the ECM on the high speed bus either.

RCDLR sends a low speed GMLAN message to BCM, and if everything passes as far as doors locked, anti-theft system no faults, hood closed, etc, it sends a RVS (remote vehicle start) crank request to the ECM via high speed GMLAN.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

and correct, the injector programming stuff is diesel only.

Try disconnecting the batteries.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    remote start is controlled by the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)...which is on the low speed GMLAN bus only. The BCM is the gateway between the high speed and low speed bus, so the ECM does not communicate on the low speed bus at all, and the RCDLR doesnt communicate with the ECM on the high speed bus either.

RCDLR sends a low speed GMLAN message to BCM, and if everything passes as far as doors locked, anti-theft system no faults, hood closed, etc, it sends a RVS (remote vehicle start) crank request to the ECM via high speed GMLAN.
    Thanks for the info

I will try the battery disconnect at lunch and get back to you. Any amount of time I should leave the, disconnected ?

eh 5 minutes should be more than enough. Once you disconnect the batteries, just to be sure everything is fully 'dead', you can also touch the two battery cables together for a few seconds to discharge any capacitors in the ECM/TCM that might still be holding a bit of charge.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

So I disconnected the battery for 5 or so minutes and touched the neg and pos cables together for 4-5 seconds, reconnected and still not working. I was told there are some hard error codes in the system that some scanners cant read, the dealership is the only one who can read/clear them. Is this true ? Again, I have scanned for codes and nothing comes up, no cel, everything works as far as the remote start process except the starter never engages. This has worked from day one of owning the truck and as soon as it was tuned it quit. Not sure what else it could be other than possible "hard error codes" that only the dealer can clear if that really exsists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast