Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory remote start stopped working after EFI live tune 2010 Silverado 6.2 liter

Lifetime Member

I take it that you do not own any tuning software ?

Without being able to compare the original tune, to the current tune, means that people can only guess at the possible root cause of the issue, as it may or may not relate to the ECM tune.

Programming a control module in an OEM vehicle can be challenging - thankfully I don't have to deal with this very often. I do know from bench programming many control modules, that often the OEM instructions include removing a fuse (or several fuses) to effectively "turn off" other modules on the GMLAN (CAN Bus) during programming.

Take a look at the attached PDF. It explains how the Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) systems functions. Of interest, there appears to be an Enable / Disable function that is driver configurable via the DIC (Driver Information Center) - check this setting (doubtful the problem is that simple). Information on configuring the DIC is in your owner's manual.

Regarding a hard reset of all modules - try leaving the battery disconnected overnight.

One option is to have the tuner program the OEM tune again, and then sort things out from there.

If communications have broken down between you and your tuner, then you are likely going to need to find another tuner - one with a Tech 2, MDI, etc. to reprogram one or more of the modules. As your vehicle is no longer under warranty (2010), you could also inquire at your local dealer regarding reprogramming.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 2010LSX View Post
    haven't tried that as of yet, all I know is it worked 15mins prior to tuning it. It was cold out side and I started it remotely while I was getting ready to leave. The tuner I used is a good 2hr trip from the house. I noticed it when I got back to the hotel the same day he tuned it and I called him to report my findings but he would not see me and basically brushed me off as hes been doing since. So it looks like i'm back at square one looking for an EFI live tuner but this time in the Houston area.
    I see you are in Houston. I am in Terrell it's a few hour drive but if you want to make the drive I can fix it. (For a fee of coarse)

So just an update to this post. I was told that the BCM was the problem, something about EFILive using the same path as it does. Well I had the dealership flash the BCM. Still not working. The tech said that it's possible the tuner somehow disabled it in the ECM when he tuned it. I have since hadn't tuned by HPTuner software s d I'm guessing there's still some possible EFILive settings in there that hasn't been touched. I think I will have the dealership flash the ECM with a factory file and see if that fixes it. Not sure if I mentioned this before but when I go to start with remote right when it suppose to turn the motor over the CEL flashes for a minute and then goes away. There are no codes in the ECM, the tech cleared all codes. Anyone with knowledge of this please your help would be appreciated.

Where are you at? Im in Brenham but go to Tomball, Conroe and Magnolia pretty often tuning. I can tell you if its in the tune and fix it if thats the problem.

I live in Cleveland so im really close to Conroe. I can meet up with you the next time you are in Conroe, only thing is I am leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and will return the following Tuesday however anytime after I would be more than happy to meet you. I would be indebted to you if you could resolve this issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12