Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt SS Supercharged KR question

Default Cobalt SS Supercharged KR question

Guy I have been logging and dialing in my maf on this cobalt SS and I have ran across something that has me wondering.

2007 Cobalt SS
    2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors, dual pass,LS4 TB, ZZP intake, ect.

When logging I added the KR pid and along with it, it is showing KNKRET. I show very little KR during my log which does not stay, it zeros out right away but my KNKRET is showing a constant knock retard. Even at idle it is saying .7-.9 and varies with throttle. I do not hear any noticeable knock. Which pid in the P12 pcm should I be paying more attention to?

The timing is based off of a base tune from a reputable company and seemed to have some pretty safe numbers in it. Just curious why one is differing from the other?????

Here is the log and tune. I realized also I have a couple pids to many. I have fixed that since.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by izcain; January 18th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.

What fuel are you running...?

Hi joe!

Strictly 92 in the car from shell or chevron. NO cheap stuff. I know none of it is the best anymore though.
    Last edited by izcain; January 13th, 2016 at 05:38 AM.

Whats wierd is when I am recording all it shows is the kr which registers nothing for most all of the drive. A little knock (1.4) when accelerating on the highway before up to temp then it backs right off and doesnt knock at all otherwise even when into the throttle a good amount. But when I look at the log there is an additional pid that was not there when I started recording and it is the KNKRET pid. For some reason it seems to add both pids when playing back the log.

I'm not sure which pid is the one...

are you saying KNKRET adds on top of KR...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

No I'm just saying that I only am logging kr in my normal log but when I replay the log I am seeing kr and also knkret pids. The knkret pid just doesn't seem to make sense because it displays from.8 to 2.7 at all times which makes me think something is goofy!
    Last edited by izcain; January 18th, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Ok well I have discovered that the P12 uses KR not KRKRET hence the false read outs from that one being selected I believe.
    Last edited by izcain; January 18th, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    No I'm just saying that I only am logging kr in my normal log but when I reply the log I am seeing kr and also knkret pids. The knkret pid just doesn't seem to make sense because it displays from.8 to 2.7 at all times which makes me think something is goofy!
    Seems like the only time I reply nowadays in the 4 cylinder section for any 1998- 2006-2007 ish GM anything, cobalt, cavalier, S10, whatever 4 cyls in these years and then some, PO8-P12- P10 etc etc. Actually 6 cylinder trailblazer stuff is a farce as well. IT is to WARN people of the serious Debacle efilive and the guy they hired to produce valid calibrations that actually resemble what GM originally installed in any of the pcm familys i just described. You will pull your freakin hair out trying to make half those calibrations do what you want. THEY aint even close. Absolutely nothing is correct to put together the goofiest tune just to get by.PID selections are nothing close to what gm actually put in these pcms. Try to adjust dtc codes?? Yes that will not work either. Injector fuel rates ya that isnt even close either. But you may or may not be lucky with the car your tuning. I have done 50 four cylinder cars as far as tuning. three have been with efilive, and forty seven others no problem with the other guys. As I have said before it kills me to speak the truth about a software I was so fond of for the first 25 minutes of ownership. Hey if your going to tune 8 cylinder gm cars it is the best. Which we are now into. PM me for additional help you will not receive from efilive regarding any of the above pcms.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

Come on joe, It makes no freakin sense and you know it. Its a joke at best. I know you genuinely care, but if you ever actually tried anything with these cars you would be disturbed. You have tried to help me in the past with these issues only to end in a dead thread as well as many other people with these engines and pcms. Nothing hard about it but zero effort from efi live crew.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Seems like the only time I reply nowadays in the 4 cylinder section for any 1998- 2006-2007 ish GM anything, cobalt, cavalier, S10, whatever 4 cyls in these years and then some, PO8-P12- P10 etc etc. Actually 6 cylinder trailblazer stuff is a farce as well. IT is to WARN people of the serious Debacle efilive and the guy they hired to produce valid calibrations that actually resemble what GM originally installed in any of the pcm familys i just described. You will pull your freakin hair out trying to make half those calibrations do what you want. THEY aint even close. Absolutely nothing is correct to put together the goofiest tune just to get by.PID selections are nothing close to what gm actually put in these pcms. Try to adjust dtc codes?? Yes that will not work either. Injector fuel rates ya that isnt even close either. But you may or may not be lucky with the car your tuning. I have done 50 four cylinder cars as far as tuning. three have been with efilive, and forty seven others no problem with the other guys. As I have said before it kills me to speak the truth about a software I was so fond of for the first 25 minutes of ownership. Hey if your going to tune 8 cylinder gm cars it is the best. Which we are now into. PM me for additional help you will not receive from efilive regarding any of the above pcms.

I understand where you are coming from as the software has been great with all the other vehicles I have tuned. Once going into the 4 cylinder realm though there is not very many tables at all that it will allow you to work with. Basics really is all.

Since I didn't feel like buying a whole other program I had sent the pcm to a place and had them put on a canned tune that I knew would be safe then I just have been working on dialing in the maf and spark tables. It has worked well for this purpose other then the knock readings lol.

The more I play with the Car the more I will probably just invest in the other software though so that I can have access to all of the parameters.
    Last edited by izcain; January 18th, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast