Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobalt SS Supercharged KR question

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Seems like the only time I reply nowadays in the 4 cylinder section for any 1998- 2006-2007 ish GM anything, cobalt, cavalier, S10, whatever 4 cyls in these years and then some, PO8-P12- P10 etc etc. Actually 6 cylinder trailblazer stuff is a farce as well. IT is to WARN people of the serious Debacle efilive and the guy they hired to produce valid calibrations that actually resemble what GM originally installed in any of the pcm familys i just described. You will pull your freakin hair out trying to make half those calibrations do what you want. THEY aint even close. Absolutely nothing is correct to put together the goofiest tune just to get by.PID selections are nothing close to what gm actually put in these pcms. Try to adjust dtc codes?? Yes that will not work either. Injector fuel rates ya that isnt even close either. But you may or may not be lucky with the car your tuning. I have done 50 four cylinder cars as far as tuning. three have been with efilive, and forty seven others no problem with the other guys. As I have said before it kills me to speak the truth about a software I was so fond of for the first 25 minutes of ownership. Hey if your going to tune 8 cylinder gm cars it is the best. Which we are now into. PM me for additional help you will not receive from efilive regarding any of the above pcms.
    If it is 'that' bad then we can pull these .calz files out for good and be done with it and not offer any form of support for this range of PCM's ever again, you are right they weren't created by EFILive we just did the read/write routines, it was done almost as a favour for customers that asked for them and that person you speak of was tuning them with what he had, we thought it would work out ok as they were having good results.
    The code is beyond awful in these PO8-P12-P10 PCM's which is why I never put my hand up to map them or even oversee the mapping of them. Sorry it has ended up like this, I will discuss with everyone here once they are back from holidays about what to do, removing them from the software for good is fine by me because I will not go back and revisit them.
    Last edited by GMPX; January 18th, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That would certainly be a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    That would certainly be a bummer.
    I agree but it is a tricky situation to get it fixed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well for the record I am not complaining about it I am happy to be able to tune the multitude of vehicles and joecar has always been extremely helpful to me and has helped me out on many occasions. So thank you guys!

I have had decent luck doing what I needed to with it and the p12 so far. Just additional tables would be awesome.*

If there was things added in the future it would be awesome, if not I understand!

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Come on joe, It makes no freakin sense and you know it. Its a joke at best. I know you genuinely care, but if you ever actually tried anything with these cars you would be disturbed. You have tried to help me in the past with these issues only to end in a dead thread as well as many other people with these engines and pcms. Nothing hard about it but zero effort from efi live crew.
    Well for the record I am not complaining about it I am happy to be able to tune the multitude of vehicles and joecar has always been extremely helpful to me and has helped me out on many occasions. So thank you guys!

I have had decent luck doing what I needed to with it and the p12 so far. Just additional tables would be awesome.*

If there was things added in the future it would be awesome, if not I understand!
    Yes, I care, and I want to make it work, if I can, and I try to learn/understand it as best as I can.

A couple of months ago, the last thing I did with the E39 was try to exceed the 7000 rpm rev limiter, and was not able to.
    Last edited by joecar; January 19th, 2016 at 06:12 AM.

Well just need to tackle the hunting idle once in awhile and I would be happy.

Looks like the only table is the injector vrs map scale, since mine has the 60 Siemens injectors I wonder if doing something in the table in the idle vacuum area would help at idle only to help control them a little better at idle.

I'll post a log tomorrow of idle and what it is doing.

Well just need to tackle the hunting idle once in awhile and I would be happy.

Looks like the only table is the injector vrs map scale, since mine has the 60 Siemens injectors I wonder if doing something in the table in the idle vacuum area would help at idle only to help control them a little better at idle.

I'll post a log tomorrow of idle and what it is doing.
    Post your tune, we'll have a look...

Ok here ya go Joe

Included a log of idle and it should show it surging and whatnot.
    Also here is a log of the cruise home.

It is extremely jumpy in 1st and second gear, if you take off easy no problem or if you hammer it out of the gate no problem. But if you just try to accelerate smoothly but quickly it wants to buck and jerk when shifting to second. Im thinking it is just because of the larger LS4 throttle body I have installed.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok,
    So I have noticed that the closer I get the fuel trims to 0 without any load the worse the surge will get. So I reverted back to the additional fuel at idle and noticed also that if I turn on everything I can in the car and put as much load on the car as I can while idling it is a lot smoother idle. I have checked for any vacuum leaks and found non.

ok, I'm looking at your files.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast