Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cobalt SS Supercharged KR question

Hmmm, weird log, for various reasons (some pids are wrong, MAP/RPM/SPARKADV are cycling in sync with HO2S11)...

Yea I am finding the pids do some funny things.

On a side note I have taken the low octane tables and smoothed the idle area (it had a nasty jump in one spot) I copied the high to low in the idle area and then took out like 3 degrees. Only for idle though. This has seemed to smooth it that much more. Maybe its just me.

I know that one of the knock pids are goofy I keep meaning to remove the one that is goofy but I forgot.

Spark does have a large effect on idle stability.

Yea it did help some but at temp without any load on the electrical it will still begin to surge although not as bad.

I wish we had a throttle body scaler parameter I think this would cut down the jerky low load area. The bounce that can get going when trying to accelerate from first to second can be quite annoying lol

So I know I keep coming back to this but I figure the more documentation the better it will be for myself and for others maybe looking at similar problems.

I have noticed what I believe is false knock. It jumps from 0 to 6 and then immediately tapers off to 0 thought a few frames..... This is right when pe activates also.

I am not commanding alot of timing and have a pretty safe setting in comparison to some others in the ecotec community from what I have researched.

Other times before pe activates it will begin to log kr but it is also an immediate jump up due to quickly changing throttle like it will be 0 in one frame and 3.2 in the next frame but then immediately back right back down to zero over a couple of frames. I have heard that the ecotec engine is famous for this. Should I not be worried about it since it tapers off immediately even though throttle position and load are not changing? as a general rule of thumb?

If you see it when throttle is suddenly increased, then it might be preemptive retard (aka burst knock retard).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123