Thread: lb7 / 4l80

Default lb7 / 4l80

Hello there,

Since the LB7 and 5.3/6.0 etc use a similar pcm can i swap in a transmission segment?

Quote Originally Posted by derkscustomcars View Post
    Hello there,

Since the LB7 and 5.3/6.0 etc use a similar pcm can i swap in a transmission segment?
    The ECM looks simliar on the outside, but thats where it ends. They share virtually nothing in common with each other internally. You can go with a manual trans calibration in the LB7 ECM, and then run a stand-alone, but I'm not aware of any factory combo that will work together fully integrated.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Thanks. I just quickly glanced over the pinout of the ecm. Looked kinda similar. I'll have to do some digging. Do you know if a T42 will communicate with that ecm? Or do they only support the newer can bus?

Quote Originally Posted by derkscustomcars View Post
    Thanks. I just quickly glanced over the pinout of the ecm. Looked kinda similar. I'll have to do some digging. Do you know if a T42 will communicate with that ecm? Or do they only support the newer can bus?
    The T42 diesel CAL only talks in high speed GM LAN, so it won't talk in language that the LB7 J1939 can understand last I checked. DURATOTHEMAX would no ALOT more than I do on it as he speaks data coms. The stand-alone method has worked for many though.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.