Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 5.3 swap won't start

Well I connected those two wires and it cleared all codes except. U0100. I did a continuity test of the gmlan wires and I have a complete circuit.

I have nothing to hook the low speed (green wire) out of the dlc to as I don't have a bcm. I'm wondering if this could be a issue? I'm really at a loss here.

And I'm certain my transmission plug is working because if I unplug it i lose communication with my scanner.

Lifetime Member

Good job chasing the GMLAN wiring issue - wiring issues can be the most frustrating (and elusive).

The persistent U0100 DTC could be caused by the ECM and TCM not booting up at the same time, or not shutting down at the same time.

How did you wire the 12 volt ignition and Accessory Wake inputs to each of these modules ?

I left all accessory wake ups off. The gm performance info I got said they were not needed. I can put them back no problem (I was worried when I too them out ) would you suggest leaving those installed?

Right now I have nothing wired into the jeep. I'm using jumper wires for start and ignition. So the jeep is just a engine stand really.

Lifetime Member

GMPP (now Chevrolet Performance) ECM OS (operating system) is very different from a production vehicle OS - they are a stripped down version, with quite a lot of code deleted.

This powertrain package was a complete lift out from a 2014 truck. The ECM and TCM need to be wired like a 2014 truck. Not only are you missing the Accessory Wakeup voltage inputs, but I believe that it is likely that you are also missing at least one more 12 volt input circuit to the ECM (if you wired like a GMPP variant).

I did not follow much from the gmpp stuff. I figured it was different but for some reason I left out the wake up. I used stuff I found from many sources and loosely based it on earlier model stuff. As there is some cross over if you examine both schematics and pin outs. I used gm up fitter for most of my info .

Lifetime Member

It has been over a week since your last post .... I take it that you finally got the engine to run ?

Always nice to come back to the thread and post up your results / findings ... it may help someone else in the future.

Had to take it over to Howel. He reflashed with different software. But turns out I had the two injector harness plugs swapped....doh!

Lifetime Member

Wiring can be the biggest pain.

Are you happy with how it runs ? Guessing there has not been a test drive yet ?

Yea still lots of odds and ends before a test drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12