Thread: Invalid trans PIDs (i.e. gm.gear) e38/t42

Lifetime Member

Default Invalid trans PIDs (i.e. gm.gear) e38/t42

Trying to view trans state PIDs (GM.gear, gm.prndl, gm.tstat, etc) and I get them as invalid. Red X. I connect as e38 with trans checkbox ticked. It's a 2007.5 Silverado 5.3. Also commanded AFR is red x'ed.

What am I doing wrong?

Please post a screenshot.

I am also having same trouble, and yet last week these were working fine, until I got an error trying to relink
    I then read warnings and had a $31 (from memory), and selected as instructed Shift f2 which validated things, and the lost many of my PIDs
    Attached is a screenshot of my trans pidsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	t43 pid Capture.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	19215
    I have never been able to grasp the logic for these Dashboards...... and dont worry I have used it 1000's of times..... and have written here before regarding this, and am reluctant to save dashboards because it invariably stuffs everything up, and then you need to scratch, reload and start all again, which costs countless time.
    Its always been a fingers crossed situation everytime I use it, and sometimes just simple things in LS1b PIDs like Dynamic Airflow becomes invalid,... which is real handy, considering it is the PID to track spark, which is one of the MAIN requirements needed......
    I have read and re read the tutorials, and anything I an find, but if the PIDs aint there how do you revalidate them???
    Any help on this much appreciated and maybe a new sticky to help inexperienced newbys with this.

Is this only with V7 scantool, or is it also with V2 BBL and V8 scantool...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    I am also having same trouble, and yet last week these were working fine, until I got an error trying to relink
    I then read warnings and had a $31 (from memory), and selected as instructed Shift f2 which validated things, and the lost many of my PIDs
    Attached is a screenshot of my trans pidsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	t43 pid Capture.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	19215
    I have never been able to grasp the logic for these Dashboards...... and dont worry I have used it 1000's of times..... and have written here before regarding this, and am reluctant to save dashboards because it invariably stuffs everything up, and then you need to scratch, reload and start all again, which costs countless time.
    Its always been a fingers crossed situation everytime I use it, and sometimes just simple things in LS1b PIDs like Dynamic Airflow becomes invalid,... which is real handy, considering it is the PID to track spark, which is one of the MAIN requirements needed......
    I have read and re read the tutorials, and anything I an find, but if the PIDs aint there how do you revalidate them???
    Any help on this much appreciated and maybe a new sticky to help inexperienced newbys with this.
    Do you have a screenshot that shows the whole scantool window...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    Is it possible you were connected to the ECM and not the TCM when you validated those PIDs? The valid PIDs look like ECM PIDs and the invalid PIDs look like TCM PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.