Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stabilitrak

Default stabilitrak

I have an 09 2500HD. also flash scan with tunes. Problem is while driving (once while changing lanes at about 75, second while driving about 65 going straight on a two way road) stabilatrac kicks in and the truck darts back and forth like a blown tire and the traction control light comes on. the first time on the freeway I though maybe the differential was going out so I pulled the cover and checked it over, second time i was going straight on a dry road, so I pulled the fuse and it hasn't happened since. now I wan't to pull a trailer but the trailer brakes won't work with the fuse pulled out. I would hope the stabiatrac would be completely disabled in tow/haul but doubt it. does anybody have a way to disable it without disableing the trailer brakes?

I am pretty sure stabilatrac is controled thru the ABS moduel and EFI live can't reprogram that. Seems there are a lot of complaints online about stabilatrac not being able to be disabled even when holdong the button until the DIC says it is off. can I hope EFI live might tackle this or should I start looking for a new truck. Was Stabilatrac a option or is it standard equipment now

You do realize that this is out of the scope of what EFILive software can do...

Probably a chafed wire somewhere rubbing and making contact. Check near the front, usual place it happens. Standard equipment.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You do realize that this is out of the scope of what EFILive software can do...
    This? and from a moderator?????????

I had contacted EFI live several times before my purchase and whoever anserwed my emails was very curtius, helpful and honest. I had found other problems with the scan feature just as they stated I might be able to do. And thanks for pointing out that what I assumed in the first sentence of the second paragraph was correct. at least I did get that help

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    This? and from a moderator?????????

I had contacted EFI live several times before my purchase and whoever anserwed my emails was very curtius, helpful and honest. I had found other problems with the scan feature just as they stated I might be able to do. And thanks for pointing out that what I assumed in the first sentence of the second paragraph was correct. at least I did get that help
    Joecar took the time out of his day - likely using his phone from his place of employment - to answer your question, and made certain that you didn't waste any more of your highly valuable time with trying to program a module that no tuning software supports.

Had you invested the time to search and read a little (that's called self-education) you could have figured this out on your own.

Poor form on your part criticizing a moderator who works tirelessly to help everyone - and on your second post ever.

You may want to leave your sense of self-entitlement and inflated importance elsewhere, before posting on this Forum.

I was being courteous when I wrote that (I am an engineer, so my style may be dry at times), I was writing it from my father-in-law's hospital room while they fixed his IV, from my phone, while visiting during my lunchbreak...

from your prior post it seems that you're asking EFILive to provide programming for modules other than ECM and TCM... EFILive has indicated prevoiusly that they cannot do this, it is out of the scope of engine/transmission tuning.

If you felt my reply was inappropriate then I apologize.
    Last edited by joecar; January 23rd, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Joecar took the time out of his day - likely using his phone from his place of employment - to answer your question, and made certain that you didn't waste any more of your highly valuable time with trying to program a module that no tuning software supports.

Had you invested the time to search and read a little (that's called self-education) you could have figured this out on your own.

Poor form on your part criticizing a moderator who works tirelessly to help everyone - and on your second post ever.

You may want to leave your sense of self-entitlement and inflated importance elsewhere, before posting on this Forum.
    Taz, I am truly sorry if I somehow insulted you. this may be my first few post but I have been reading on this fourm and have found answers here aaand read where many other have gotten answers. And I do have many hours searching (this site and others) with no luck, maybe I am just not hitting the correct keywords but, all I come up with is people complaining about the stabilitrac comming on in an off road situation when the stibilitrac is turned off.

befor I spent my money I had several contacts with EFIlive. I was informed that the scanner had the ability to read other moduels but, I would have to get info on the codes elsewhere this site was one of the places he recomened, I took it that he meant "no promises" which was fine.

This is an EFIlive fourm on the EFIlive website isn't it? Sorry but I took Joecar's reply as a very polite insult. I was not demanding help and even said I was pretty sure it wasn't correctable with EFIlive. A more professional reply may have been "sorry but I don't think EFIlive can help with your problem"

The way I see it, at one time people were looking and asking for ways to tune their EFI vehicals properly and EFIlive made it happen so if nobody asks about correcting GMs stabilitrac problems, nobody will come up with a program for it weather it be EFIlive or someone else.

Taz, you may know Joecar personly and he is probably a great guy and just maybe he read my post at a bad time or maybe mine was one of the last of many replies he did at that time but, no matter, I stll took it as I am asking a dumb question and its not worth the time to answer and I did state in my first post that efilive could not reprogram ABS modole and that is where I believed stabilitrac is controlled from so just asking me if I relise what I am asking is out of the scope of efilive makes me feel he never read the complete post. and yes I do have higher expectations from a moderator

Joecar, I am a slow typer so our posts overlapped. I am sorry that I take your post as a insult/blow-off and I hope thing go well for your father-in-law anytime a family member is hospitalised it is a strain on the whole family. my prayers will be with you and your family

Correct me if I'm wrong but Stabilitrac only comes on if the vehicle is in "Auto 4WD"? If so, make sure you are in 2WD and you should be golden.
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

The scantool may be able to read DTC codes from the ABS module, but I don't think this is sufficient for your needs.

In your post you said you hoped EFILive might tackle the Stabiltrac problem, so you do realize the scope, and if you were in their shoes how would you go about it (a serious question... the answer will reveal some self evident truths).

And I would consider the following reply to be uncaring (can't be bothered): "sorry but I don't think EFIlive can help with your problem".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast