Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: stabilitrak

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    ... It seems as if I have made an enemy of one of the forum members here ...
    If you by chance are referring to me, this is not the case. Forgive the bluntness of my next statement - but your comment reflects a highly simplistic view of social interactions.

Don't forget that you attacked the integrity of the moderator on your second post on the Forum. I think all any of the senior Forum members expect is that people conduct themselves in a polite and respectful fashion, and have made a reasonable attempt to solve problems for themselves before posting questions.

Enjoy your V2 and the EFILive software - it is a great tool. Get your feet wet and start using it - tuning can be addictive. Once you start using the V2, post questions as you are learning, and they will get answered.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that, that means alot to me.
    You are very welcome !!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Group HUG!
    Roger that ...

Steering wheel position sensor could also be going bad. I would say thats much more likely than a wheel speed sensor.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Dura, good to see you again buddy, hope things are well!

Never thought of the steering wheel position sensor, but that makes sense too. Turning the wheel into a bad spot?
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

watched a couple vidieos on stabilitrac and think I remember a mention of steering wheel sensor, but I guess it never really registered. probably not much you can do to test them but Ill dig around on that topic. my other truck will be in my shop a little longer than planed so I guess I'll be running without the fuse for a couple weeks which is no big deal except when pulling the trailer. I wonder how many problems I will have if I install an aftermarket brake controler.

leaving the ABS disconnected is a bad idea. Front/rear brake bias (proportioning) is controlled entirely by the ABS module. Without the ABS module working properly, you have no brake proportioning...could get extremely dangerous in a hurry if you slam on the brakes hard.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Ben, your message box is full.
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Quote Originally Posted by horsehaulin View Post
    Ben, your message box is full.
    I cleared it out.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    leaving the ABS disconnected is a bad idea. Front/rear brake bias (proportioning) is controlled entirely by the ABS module. Without the ABS module working properly, you have no brake proportioning...could get extremely dangerous in a hurry if you slam on the brakes hard.
    no doubt it could get a bit harry. but having the stabilitrac apply brakes to one wheel at a time unexpectally while you are just drive down the road at 70 is no picknic either. thanks for the warning tho i'll have to push a little harder to get my other truck finished. I've not given up yet just buying a little time until I can get my other truck done. the Search on steerig wheel position sensor has brought out a lot more things to check. still looking for info on testing that sensor. can't seem to find the numbers for my truck but, I figure since it is an ohm test I will at least hook my meter up and see if it is a smooth flow up and down. i figure if I get anything eratic it would be a good chance it is the culpret

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast