Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License not active

Default License not active

Hello I tried to flash an 02 lb7 yesterday, after I activated my vin license and went to flash the truck it keeps saying no vin slots available. Tried a couple different times, won't flash it's like the vin license says it's already been used but it hasn't, any help is greatly appreciated

Lifetime Member

Check to see what your vin licenses screen show? https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...9817-YALX-6546.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Please send a trace file of the failed attempt to license the LB7. The trace files can be found in different locations depending on which method you used.

When you activated the VIN license did you use
    1. V7.5 pass-thru
    2. V8 pass-thru
    3. Stand alone, Black Box Flashing

If you used option 1 the trace files can be found in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Error Reports
    If you used option 2 the trace files can be found in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
    If you used option 3 there will be not trace file stored on your PC.

Also send a copy of your FlashScan/AutoCal device's license backup file. You can generate a license backup file using the V8 software option: [F7: Licenses]->[Backup].

Send files to paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by CmpDiesel View Post
    Hello I tried to flash an 02 lb7 yesterday, after I activated my vin license and went to flash the truck it keeps saying no vin slots available. Tried a couple different times, won't flash it's like the vin license says it's already been used but it hasn't, any help is greatly appreciated
    did you figure this out?? same thing happened to me today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justinwmx20406 View Post
    did you figure this out?? same thing happened to me today!!!
    Do the same as what I explained in post #3 and send me the trace file and license backup file.

Regards
    Paul

Always use pass through. Plug your v2 into the truck and you laptop into your v2. Have all software up to date and it will assign any available license to your vin.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

I have V2 flashscan I went to reprogram it in device want reboot it's staying in deadpoll mode saying device not responding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open a chat with support on the website efi support

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arod201051 View Post
    I have V2 flashscan I went to reprogram it in device want reboot it's staying in deadpoll mode saying device not responding

If the device is stuck in dead-poll mode, use the EFILive_Explorer program to program the firmware.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If the device is stuck in dead-poll mode, use the EFILive_Explorer program to program the firmware.

Regards
    Paul
    I did n it's still saying device not responding I went through all the steps but it do say program was successful but flashscan doesn't show nothing on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast