Thread: Making a DSP5 Tune

Default Making a DSP5 Tune

I'm very new to efi live and am trying to get it all set up before tuning the truck. I've read the tutorial on the LBZ dsp upgrade which helps but I'm still a little confused. I've read that when making your "base" cal for the dsp5 tune you want it to be your hot tune because you have the most amount of tables to play with in that tune and basically you do this by opening up two tuning windows and copying your tables from your tune into your new dsp5 tune. After that is where I'm the most confused. I've been told that all of your tunes afterwards are based on that tune, my question is whether or not it's possible to keep copying other tunes table by table for all of the dsp5 setting. For example. I'd like to be able to load my big tune, a 425rwhp tune, a tow tune, econ tune, stockish tune and smoke tune. Is it possible to be able to do this or is their not much control after you set your base cal? I've been told that "it doesn't work that way". Also, why is it impossible to put a tune with more horsepower at the second position on the switch than on the first? How does it recognize this? Any tips would be great, make sure to dumb it down for me. Currently all I've got set up is about 6 lbz tunes that i've converted from scripts and I've already got efi live from a friend in the truck but plan on erasing all of his tunes other than the stock cal but still utilizing the switch.

The DSP5 makes your single tune Slot 5 when it's converted to the custom OS and all the others are stock. There are scripts to copy tunes to the other Slots, which is much easier then Copy and Paste. Each slot does NOT have all the tables of a single tune, this is probably what is throwing you off. You are limited to the tables that are available in each slot to make each one unique.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

So basically what you're saying is that you don't have as much control over the other tunes because of less tables? If I have a normal single script can I put that into the other slots? How do I go about converting those scripts for a dsp5 tune?

1) Correct.
    2) Try this thread https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...hlight=Scripts
    Also, try the search function at the top of the forum to find more.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Yeah I've been doing a bunch of reading on it. So If I want to make my second position my tow tune, and I load my stock cal, do the comparison, find out which tables I need to modify but then realize I can't access those tables, where do I go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    I'm very new to efi live and am trying to get it all set up before tuning the truck. I've read the tutorial on the LBZ dsp upgrade which helps but I'm still a little confused. I've read that when making your "base" cal for the dsp5 tune you want it to be your hot tune because you have the most amount of tables to play with in that tune and basically you do this by opening up two tuning windows and copying your tables from your tune into your new dsp5 tune. After that is where I'm the most confused. I've been told that all of your tunes afterwards are based on that tune, my question is whether or not it's possible to keep copying other tunes table by table for all of the dsp5 setting. For example. I'd like to be able to load my big tune, a 425rwhp tune, a tow tune, econ tune, stockish tune and smoke tune. Is it possible to be able to do this or is their not much control after you set your base cal? I've been told that "it doesn't work that way". Also, why is it impossible to put a tune with more horsepower at the second position on the switch than on the first? How does it recognize this? Any tips would be great, make sure to dumb it down for me. Currently all I've got set up is about 6 lbz tunes that i've converted from scripts and I've already got efi live from a friend in the truck but plan on erasing all of his tunes other than the stock cal but still utilizing the switch.
    You can put the smallest or the biggest tune at the none dsp position. It doesn't matter. I usually do what us best for the particular trucks intent. For instance, if it's a tow regularly truck the small tune will be there and if it's a competition truck the big tune will be there. Why? Because if the switch stops working for some reason the guy can tow without issue or the guys at a competition he can still compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Yeah I've been doing a bunch of reading on it. So If I want to make my second position my tow tune, and I load my stock cal, do the comparison, find out which tables I need to modify but then realize I can't access those tables, where do I go from there?