Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.9 ECM in 6.7 Tuning Issues.

Just a thought but did you try increasing the PW a substantial amount, across the whole PW table. If the injectors are under volted they might just need more time to open.

Quote Originally Posted by arinkuddy View Post
    Just a thought but did you try increasing the PW a substantial amount, across the whole PW table. If the injectors are under volted they might just need more time to open.
    Good idea but I wonder if that would be a bad idea because if they so happen get more voltage it might cause to much PW??

Just a thought.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by arinkuddy View Post
    Yes I have tried that. That is the only way I can get my mm3 quantity at idle in check. but it seems is still wants to idle at a high mm3 when its really cold out and the engine is cold. The consensus is the conversion can be done but it is far from perfect. You can tune all you want but in reality tuning doesn't fix hard part mismatch. My customer is going to be going to 5.9 injectors at some point but for now the truck is extremely drivable and and will lay down more power than it did with the 6.7 ECM I feel. The truck also launches a lot better because it could care less about Engine load.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123