Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

If you're going do LTFT, do what Jetmech said, use only LTFTBEN in CLC-00-220.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    SOL: B3605, B3647: eliminate stoich cells.
    Translation = if you enter EQ of 1 then it will assume you want closed loop and trim accordingly - even if you don't have NB O2's fitted.... I forgot about that, once, unsurprisingly it ran like a bag of spanners as I have zero NB O2's fitted :-). Solution is to enter either 0.99 or 1.01

PS - great thread, am enjoying the evolving story

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Translation = if you enter EQ of 1 then it will assume you want closed loop and trim accordingly - even if you don't have NB O2's fitted.... I forgot about that, once, unsurprisingly it ran like a bag of spanners as I have zero NB O2's fitted :-). Solution is to enter either 0.99 or 1.01
    Hi Jim,

it will use the NBO2's to do STFT trimming to stoich (EQR 1)... even if you have CL (B4205) disabled (but the NBO2's must be physically present).

( you must have had them on, but CL not enabled )

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    B3801 LTFT disable
    B4108 STFT Idle disable
    B4205 CL disable
    I'm not sure what SOL is (Semi-Open Loop)?

I think the reason Joecar is recommending this is cause you will be using the CALC.WB02BEN = {GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1} and GM.EQIVRATIO doesn't account for all the STFT/LTFT adders.

If you want to keep everything as is, then just paste this in place of *CLC 00 120 in the calc_pid.txt file.

*CLC-00-120
    factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT1})/200+1" ***I haven't seen a recent log with LTFTs working, so make sure LTFT1 is the one that's actually working. If not replace the SAE.LONG"1" with a "2" for both spaces.

Modifying that pid will be making corrections to your CL part throttle VE map based on just one side of your engine. I prefer this way because of the accuracy of the NB02's around stoich.
    I will try this way first and see if I get results and I will also try the 2 version. If this does not work I will switch to my wideband exclusively.

Lifetime Member

Jim
    I think I got a hold of it now haha Thanks! and the story will keep evolving as my need for power increases lol

Lifetime Member

So I did a test run after changing each to 1 and to 2 and the LTFT didnt move for either case. It looks like it is time to go Wideband only. Here are the logs if you guys want to see if I am just being stupid. One log is for longft1 and the other is for longft2. Each drive was at least 10 minutes after reaching operating temperature and cruising around 2000 RPM, so I think I let there be enough time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: efi 9.efi (141.7 KB, 102 views)
    • File Type: efi 10.efi (91.2 KB, 101 views)

Just to make sure, this is with the ltft cells changed from like 1100 to 2600 or something like that right?... Not the 6000 and 6001?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jim
    Oh yeah thanks! That's an important one that isn't very intuitive. It's nice when others confirm what I'm trying to convey/or correct me if I'm wrong,or fill in knowledge gaps.

This has been an awesome thread, although long, I think it details a lot of good info. It's definitely helped me get a deeper understanding of the ls1b cause want to know what I'm saying will help. When I tuned mine, there was a lot of "let's see what this does" type flashing.

And actually oreo, seeing how clean and stable you got your idle has convinced me to go back and redo mine since I'm running hybrid open loop at idle (I clearly don't need to since yours had a larger cam than mine).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    I will try this way first and see if I get results and I will also try the 2 version. If this does not work I will switch to my wideband exclusively.
    Your bank1 O2 sensor is dead... I would suggest you tune in open loop and stay in open loop until you get the bank1 O2 sensor working.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Your bank1 O2 sensor is dead... I would suggest you tune in open loop and stay in open loop until you get the bank1 O2 sensor working.
    Thanks for your advice. I agree with you at this point and will make the adjustments later this afternoon.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast