Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

It's only 140 bucks for the ls2(Correction:LC2). I understand how it feels like cost escalates, but the Wbo2 is one of the best things to get besides efilive. It comes with a weld on bung, so I mounted move on the driver side about two inches behind my regular 02s.

That being said, there are definitely people who have tuned part throttle on the STFTs, I think if you search "narrow band tuning" that should hit it. So got to do wot tuning though which narrows can't help with.

Timing jumping at idle is most likely due to active idle tables. Ecm is constantly trying to maintain the set rpm, but if your rpm is set too high or the range of spark is allowed to cycle too far then it will jump. When I get to my laptop I'll take a look at the maps that I altered for the idle timing, when I get to my laptop I'll take a look at the maps that I altered for the timing, every time I've responded I've been on my phone.
    Last edited by Jetmech442; February 9th, 2016 at 04:04 AM. Reason: corrected wb02 name

Lifetime Member

Thanks that would be awesome! and where did you find it for 140 bucks? I couldn't find it for under 300.

Look for the l"C"2,not the "M",the M just comes with stuff that efilive does for you already

Lifetime Member

Oh, found it. I will buy that soon. Do i need to drill into the exhaust to put that bad boy in?

yup. and it comes with a buing to weld in. I've also seen clamps with a bung, so you don't need to weld. you will also need to stop by Radio Schak and grab a "null wire modem connector". Check oiut Post #56 for pics and details. http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...version-3.html

That connector allows you to just plug in your wb to the V2 and start grabbing data. I tried using the analog connectors to avoid 20$ on the adapter...it was two weeks of wasted time...

I tried opening you tune when I got to work this morning and got rejected cause I must not have updated to the very latest software yet. I'll take a look tomorrow unless someone else gets to it first.

Lifetime Member

Man I really appreciate all the great feedback you are giving me! I will look into this and hopefully have a wideband installed next time I go home so I can log some actual data while driving.

Also:
    - B3609: set this to 0.050 s.
    - B3809: change this to more effective use fuel trim cells (for example, set it to 1500, 2500, 3500 rpm).
    - B4105: set this to 450 mV.
    - B0701: do you have cats...?
    - B0501: do you have EVAP system...?

so you have manual trans...?

Lifetime Member

I do not have cats and I still have my EVAP system. I also have a manual trans. I will make those changes. Also do I need to have the V2 attached to my computer in order to change the tune? Every time I try to adjust the tune it goes into demo mode and I still have my information for the device registered.

Yeah it's gotta be plugged in. Once you mail in the blue card efilive sends you the authorization code so you don't need to anymore.

You do not need V2 to be plugged into your PC/laptop to use the tunetool to edit tune files...

did you enter the software user license details from the blue card into the Help->Register EFILive screen...?

Do Help->Register EFILive and post a screenshot, it should look like this with the fields filled in correctly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-09 08_59_03-License Manager.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	19236

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast