Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, I'm trying to see where it is coming from... but I don't see it.
    I don't either:( I got my fuel pump installed today, and I should have wiring done by tomor or wed. I will keep yall posted.

Okay, for the log named: throttle cracker disabled, still cruise control with throttle closed.efi , you start having shenanigans after you stall out in frame 1720. I don't know hwy but I thought I'd point it out as something significant. it goes from 12 ish g/s to 21ish g/s.

Also, are you running AC?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    Okay, for the log named: throttle cracker disabled, still cruise control with throttle closed.efi , you start having shenanigans after you stall out in frame 1720. I don't know hwy but I thought I'd point it out as something significant. it goes from 12 ish g/s to 21ish g/s.

Also, are you running AC?
    I am still running A/C and do you think for some reason my engine start up extra air flow is randomly being put back into my tune?

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    I am still running A/C and do you think for some reason my engine start up extra air flow is randomly being put back into my tune?
    Seems like it to me, but I think I'm in over my head here. I went through your whole tune last night and can't find it. With the exception of populating all your p/n tables, I'm not sure what else if could be.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

I found the issue, the desired airflow tables in park based on IAT were causing this issue. I have since fixed it and all is well. What timing adjustments should I make to make the car more snappy? I don't want detonation but I want to add throttle response.

Should I just add 2 or 3 degrees of timing for low load and between 1200-2200 RPM and run CALCVET and see where I have knock retard and then make the necessary adjustments?

I found the issue, the desired airflow tables in park based on IAT were causing this issue. I have since fixed it and all is well.
    Can you show a before/after (screenshot)...?

What timing adjustments should I make to make the car more snappy? I don't want detonation but I want to add throttle response.

Should I just add 2 or 3 degrees of timing for low load and between 1200-2200 RPM and run CALCVET and see where I have knock retard and then make the necessary adjustments?
    Yes, do this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can you show a before/after (screenshot)...?

Yes, do this.
    Nevermind It did not fix it:(((((((((( For some reason sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not. It is very strange, I just took a couple logs trying to fix("check it out" was my most recent and I would start with this one) and will include the tune. It is not coming from throttle cracker/follower, or due to A/C, or due to startup compensation added airflow. ANY other ideas are greatly appreciated as the car drives great except when it does this.
    thanks guy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

it also seems to be running lean for the weird case when it has 20+ g/s of air at 0% throttle

If you look at SPARKADV and TP, you will see as TP goes between 0.4% and 0.8% that SPARKADV jumps up/down by large amount.

Lifetime Member

My problem is that randomly my engine will add 7-8g/s of air to my idle airflow.
    Learn what the tables do before you make adjustments... don't mess with tables that you don't understand. Try the attached tune file.

it also seems to be running lean for the weird case when it has 20+ g/s of air at 0% throttle
    That's because your tune isn't very good... start by re-tuning your MAF and VE tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast