Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

That's what I was trying to say Joe, but he needs the registration key first right? My blue card only had the serial number on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    That's what I was trying to say Joe, but he needs the registration key first right? My blue card only had the serial number on it...
    Ok, if you don't have the registration key, go here and do what it says (open a new question with your serial number):

lost registration details

Lifetime Member

I had it all filled in like that and then I played with it by changing the licenses type to commercial and now I can use it without attaching the v2 scanner. I also did all of the changes you mentioned and I am currently picking out the new wideband 02 sensor. I should hopefully have it installed by next weekend as I have exams coming up. Any more tips before I install the wideband?

Which wideband are you getting...?

Lifetime Member

I am still deciding between the lc-1, lc-2, and a aem X-Series Inline Wideband UEGO AFR Controller with one of those bolt on bungs so I dont have to weld (dont have a welder) any advice on which one I should buy?

Lifetime Member

Also would I be able to install a wideband 02 sensor in place of my stock 02 sensor until I finish tuning it. It currently only has the front 2 02 sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    Also would I be able to install a wideband 02 sensor in place of my stock 02 sensor until I finish tuning it. It currently only has the front 2 02 sensors.
    Yes, you can.

You would then setup to disable CL/LTFT/STFT during tuning, and tune VE and/or MAF like this.

Also, the Innovate widebands (LC-1, LC-2, LM-1, LM-2) are able to also output an NBO2 signal that is compatible with the GM PCM... so you can enable CL/LTFT/STFT and verify that the wideband hovers around stoich during CL trimming... (also allows you to do Calc.VET procedure which uses LTFT to correct lower end of MAF and WB to correct upper end of MAF).

I don't know if the other widebands have this feature.

Lifetime Member

Do you think I should buy the lc1 or the lc2?

This is one of those personal preference things. Innovate uses the Bosch LSU 4.2 or 4.9 sensor, which is what a lot of companies use, the only difference is the software and stuff. The aem looks awesome, super duper fast and stuff, and the engineer in me wishes I'd gotten it, but the cooler side of me (very small side ☺) knows that the lc2 did everything I needed and got my car tuned.

If you don't already have a wideband, the LC-2 is good, it improves upon the LC-1, runs the newer/faster LSU4.9 sensor, and is serial comms compatible with FlashScan V2.

The AEM is excellent, but I prefer the compactness of the LC-1/LC-2 (my LC-1 runs installed on my car's underbody, next to the transmission).

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast