Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    Why would you want lean cruise lol?
    For increased fuel economy. Australian LS1's have lean cruise enabled, but the USA EPA doesn't like the increased NOx emissions so it's not allowed in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Jetmech, I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately but it looks like you've got it all under control.
    Highlight of my week!

Oreo,
    In my engineering opinion, evenly slaved ltft frame ending under 3000rpm should be ideal. However, SSpeedemon had a tune out there that covered up to like 6000 rpm. He had his reasons, and looking at single maps doesn't tell the whole story, so it may or may not work for someone else. This is the danger of finding tunes and trying to piece wise implement them(talking about me here, not you...) .

NB02S are great around stoich. Using them for part throttle stuff is best. To eliminate the effect of a dead 02 and this a dead ltft, go into the clcxxx and replace the ltftben"dead"with the active one. The formula is (ltft1+ltft2) /200 +1 if I remember right(still at work sorry).
    Now rerun calc. Vet and you should see meaningful change

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CLC-00-120 is the Pid to modify...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    If you can't get the other 02 to read properly, your ltft will never update and the whole thing will be off by half.

You could modify the Pid to use only the good Ltft, or use the wb02 exclusively by changing iff({CALC.CL}, {CALC.LTFTBEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN to say

iff({CALC.CL}, {CALC.W02BEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN}).

If you do this, make sure that CL/LTFT/STFT/SOL are disabled (or the NBO2's are physically removed).

Could also do this (which forces WO2BEN always): iff(0, {CALC.LTFTBEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})

If you're suspecting NBO2 problems, then remove them and use WO2BEN.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you do this, make sure that CL/LTFT/STFT/SOL are disabled (or the NBO2's are physically removed).

Could also do this (which forces WO2BEN always): iff(0, {CALC.LTFTBEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})
    I think I will just use the wideband based on what you guys are saying.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    Highlight of my week!

Oreo,
    In my engineering opinion, evenly slaved ltft frame ending under 3000rpm should be ideal. However, SSpeedemon had a tune out there that covered up to like 6000 rpm. He had his reasons, and looking at single maps doesn't tell the whole story, so it may or may not work for someone else. This is the danger of finding tunes and trying to piece wise implement them(talking about me here, not you...) .

NB02S are great around stoich. Using them for part throttle stuff is best. To eliminate the effect of a dead 02 and this a dead ltft, go into the clcxxx and replace the ltftben"dead"with the active one. The formula is (ltft1+ltft2) /200 +1 if I remember right(still at work sorry).
    Now rerun calc. Vet and you should see meaningful change

I will make sure they are evenly spaced between 1300 and 3000 RPM and see how that works using only the wideband as I know that it is working correctly. I will hopefully get some stuff saturday morning and let you know how it turns out. THanks again!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

How do I make sure that the CL/LTFT/STFT/SOL are disabled? Do i do that within in the tune itself?

Also, I made the change
    *CLC-00-220
    factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "iff({CALC.CL}, {CALC.WO2BEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})"

Is this the only change I need to make to not use the stock narrow band O2 sensors?

B3801 LTFT disable
    B4108 STFT Idle disable
    B4205 CL disable
    I'm not sure what SOL is (Semi-Open Loop)?

I think the reason Joecar is recommending this is cause you will be using the CALC.WB02BEN = {GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1} and GM.EQIVRATIO doesn't account for all the STFT/LTFT adders.

If you want to keep everything as is, then just paste this in place of *CLC 00 120 in the calc_pid.txt file.

*CLC-00-120
    factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT1})/200+1" ***I haven't seen a recent log with LTFTs working, so make sure LTFT1 is the one that's actually working. If not replace the SAE.LONG"1" with a "2" for both spaces.

Modifying that pid will be making corrections to your CL part throttle VE map based on just one side of your engine. I prefer this way because of the accuracy of the NB02's around stoich.

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    How do I make sure that the CL/LTFT/STFT/SOL are disabled? Do i do that within in the tune itself?

Also, I made the change
    *CLC-00-220
    factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "iff({CALC.CL}, {CALC.WO2BEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})"

Is this the only change I need to make to not use the stock narrow band O2 sensors?
    If you're going to go this way, yes, correct, disable any NBO2 trimming (see below).

CL: B4205: disable
    LTFT: B3801: disable
    STFT(OL): B4206: disable
    SOL: B3605, B3647: eliminate stoich cells.
    Last edited by joecar; June 27th, 2016 at 06:23 AM.

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast