Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Head Cam Intake ls1 2002 trans am

i cant see the file, but i have a0014 slope up. otherwise the engine runs lean when it warms up.

Ah, yes, you're both correct, this table has to slope upward (to the right) to add more air (which causes more fuel), it clicked in my head (again for the n'th time... I got to start writing some more of this stuff down).

well, this topic seems to be 10 years old:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ighlight=A0014

has this issue been clarified in the meantime? is the table backwards? if so, how come it has not been corrected?

Lifetime Member

Hey guys,

quick note, So I am just working on my idle some more and it is coming along a lot better. Each time I do it I seem to apply my knowledge much better. HOWEVER!

I noticed that after I flash my ECU my trans am runs fine, if I have 0 TPS going 30 MPH my airflow is approximately 13-14g/s however after I turn the car off (to get a sandwich), if I am cruising at the same 30 MPH and 0 TPS, my airflow is now 20g/s and I have a cruise control effect. Throttle follow and cracker are both 0 in both cases, could this be the car learning something? (Car is OLSD)

If I were to flash the computer with the same calibration, the car will not have the cruise control effect until I turn it off and run it again.

I Was thinking it might to do with the short term and long term idle airflow correlations so I changed some delays and made some margins longer in hopes of that working but any ideas would be appreciated. For reference, my desired airflow at idle matches my parked airflow at idle which correlates almost perfectly with what my VE table is calculating. So they are all in alignment at approximately 13g/s.

Thoughts?

Also, my turbo engine is basically all built, I will be building the car soon!

Post some more logs...

Lifetime Member

Hey guys so here it is.

Quick question, Joecar can you also take a look at my spark tables? It seems that I am getting spark knock but I am not sure if its fake or not. Sometimes my header vibrates against the subframe so I am not sure.

For the log, I turn the car off around frame 4000, before this frame you can see my airflow is approximately 14-15 g/s when warm and tps is 0. As you can see when cruising and throttle is 0, the airflow is 22-24g/s, it was weird though because towards the end of my log it started acting normal again so maybe it is based off of time running after startup?

Also, is my throttle follower too high? sometimes the RPM goes too high when I push the clutch in and sometimes it is just right. I probably need to take a deeper look at this.

here is my tune and log(I will be adjusting for low MAP where it is running richer than normal)idle10.efi2017_idle9.ctz

Spark tables look ok for NA, but for boost you need to remove some advance as boost increases

( also, you can lower the LO table a little to give you a bit more range in adaptive knock )

Check intake manifold for signs of oil coming in via PCV.
    Can you prevent the header from banging the chassis...?

Lifetime Member

Currently I cannot prevent the header from banging the chassis, I will try and fix this next time I change the oil. The reason I have the LO tables the same as the HI is because its speed density and the MAF fault will force it to LO spark tables. Do you think it is possible to add more spark down low to give me more throttle response? or is my current setup what I have to deal with just because of the cam size?

Why do you think I would have oil coming in via PCV? Blowby? Should I be worried?

Lastly, did you think of any reasons why my airflow changes based off when I start it as described in recent posts?

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    The reason I have the LO tables the same as the HI is because its speed density and the MAF fault will force it to LO spark tables.
    The COS allows HO/LO adaptive spark to function when MAF DTC's are present (but it doesn't allow misfire detection to function).

Why do you think I would have oil coming in via PCV? Blowby? Should I be worried?
    Oil getting sucked into intake via PCV is a known problem (on many engines)... the oil reduces the effect octane which can then allow knock to occur.

Lastly, did you think of any reasons why my airflow changes based off when I start it as described in recent posts?
    I'm still thinking about this.

~ posted by phone ~

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    That's something we can only guess... but it's also something which you can find out for yourself for sure. EFILive is a diagnostic tool... use it! Log everything airflow. Blow your 24 channel count, you don't need a fast frame rate for diagnosing this kind of problem... you need as much airflow data as you can get.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast