Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HELP: ECM DEAD after CSP5 Upgrade!

Lifetime Member

Thank you for the clarification. Can you please email me the CSP converted file you flashed into your ECM. My email address is cindy@efilive.com

I'm sorry I don't have a source of replacement ECM's, but you could try SoCal Diesel and see if they have any.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you for your help. I emailed the file.

Also when I get another ecm for this truck, will that cost me another license?

Replacement licenses are given if you need to get another ECM (just show proof of purchase).
    I just flashed your tune in to our bench ECM and it is fine, still working 100% so the converted CSP5 file you sent in appears to be ok.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well it flashed fine on my truck but only when I go to start it is there a problem. Either way I hope it was just a fluke and wont happen again.

One thing that happened in the middle of flashing is that my wife opened the passenger door while it was flashing. I'm not sure if this could have caused this but I will for sure be locking the doors from now on when I flash
    Last edited by EverydayDiesel; February 15th, 2016 at 12:11 PM.

What do you mean 'a problem' ? "Dead ECM" to me is no longer able to communicate with the ECM. Did you try just putting the stock tune off Tune Depot in it?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I mean it appeared to flash fine for me. No errors or anything out of the ordinary. It was only until I went to start the truck when I noticed the ecm was dead. I checked all the fuses. I am not able to flash anything now. When I go to read write any tune It tells me the ignition is turned off.
    Last edited by EverydayDiesel; February 15th, 2016 at 12:29 PM.

If I may make a suggestion for something to work on for the future. I would like to see maybe a seperate function or program that forces a write at every segment including the boot loader which would be used as a last resort. If you needed help writing this I can help out as it would definitely be C or even assembler required to do so.

Just a suggestion. I appreciate your help with this.

Right ok, I thought you meant the ECM was still ok but the truck wouldn't start.

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayDiesel View Post
    I mean it appeared to flash fine for me. No errors or anything out of the ordinary. It was only until I went to start the truck when I noticed the ecm was dead. I checked all the fuses. I am not able to flash anything now. When I go to read write any tune It tells me the ignition is turned off.
    Have you tried to communicate with ant other modules on the truck? It is starting to sound like you have a power problem. Even if the ecm is bricked I would think you would get some other message beside turn the key on.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Replacement licenses are given if you need to get another ECM (just show proof of purchase).
    I just flashed your tune in to our bench ECM and it is fine, still working 100% so the converted CSP5 file you sent in appears to be ok.

I ordered another ECM from a salvage yard for 350.
    In hind sight how can we determine what went wrong so it does not happen again?

When I get this ecm, I do not know if it had a programmer on it or not. So what is the best thing to do in this situation? Download the same file from tunefiledepot and load it on there? Then do a full read and use that one?

Do you think my wife opening the door could have caused this bricking?

I am just trying to determine what happened so I dont have to pay another 350.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast