Thread: Need help with 5.9 sound tune for 6.7

Default Need help with 5.9 sound tune for 6.7

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what tables to edit to make a solid 5.9 sound tune? Any help would be great

I'm no pro tuner and I do not endorse this due to not being a pro tuner... but I believe the vgt makes the 6.7 sounds the way it does. In theory a 5.9 will sound like a 6.7 with a vgt... So my guess is turn off the vgt. Again I'm not a pro tuner but I've experienced this with my v2 6.7 as one of my csp5 settings sounds (pounds) just like a 5.9. Cut out the pilot and post injection and it sounds like a 12 valve 5.9

Quote Originally Posted by CFNibertCC View Post
    I'm no pro tuner and I do not endorse this due to not being a pro tuner... but I believe the vgt makes the 6.7 sounds the way it does. In theory a 5.9 will sound like a 6.7 with a vgt... So my guess is turn off the vgt. Again I'm not a pro tuner but I've experienced this with my v2 6.7 as one of my csp5 settings sounds (pounds) just like a 5.9. Cut out the pilot and post injection and it sounds like a 12 valve 5.9
    I was planning on running the Vgt open at idle then semi open under throttle so I still have boost response. What kind of results will I get by turning off pilot and post and then opening the Vgt vanes?

Cut out pilot and post and you'll have a 12v tune. No need to mess with the VGT
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

If you zero out the turbo min max settings on a CSP setting, that will give you the 5.9 sound... Or get a different turbo, the VGT is what gives the 6.7 that scratchy/hissing noise. Although should effect performance.

I cut out pilot and post injection, along with zeroing out the VGT easily getting 22 mpg at 60 mph empty.

Quote Originally Posted by CFNibertCC View Post
    If you zero out the turbo min max settings on a CSP setting, that will give you the 5.9 sound... Or get a different turbo, the VGT is what gives the 6.7 that scratchy/hissing noise. Although should effect performance.

I cut out pilot and post injection, along with zeroing out the VGT easily getting 22 mpg at 60 mph empty.
    I'm going to cut out the post, pilot, then mess with the VGT positioning to get the sound I want while still keeping the boost relatively close. I think something is up with my exhaust. I'm getting a solid 10 mpg highway lol it's a joke. I'm wondering if my Sensors in the pipe are messed up. I have a 5" TB FloPro btw

Lifetime Member

Post up your tune for review.

I will only help with the mileage and driveability. Not interested in the rattles and "5.9 sound".