Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Purchase New Vin License - No Auth Code

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenpaiyomi View Post
    This is what it generally looks like, for what it's worth. A quick photoshop since I don't have access to my FlashScan V2 again till Thurs.

Attachment 19257
    That looks like a very old version of the V8 software (build 247). I highly recommend upgrading to the latest V7.5 (Build 299) and V8 (build 290) software from here:
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That looks like a very old version of the V8 software (build 247). I highly recommend upgrading to the latest V7.5 (Build 299) and V8 (build 290) software from here:
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Regards
    Paul
    yeah, please note that this isn't my version, this is just a screenshot I grabbed online real quick to edit since I wasn't at my hotel yet. I've attached a screenshot of the version of V7.5 and V8 I have, which I literally downloaded 2 days ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE10 - Win7 [Running] 2016-02-15 22-06-44.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	19258

yeah, please note that this isn't my version, this is just a screenshot I grabbed online real quick to edit since I wasn't at my hotel yet. I've attached a screenshot of the version of V7.5 and V8 I have, which I literally downloaded 2 days ago.
    Ok, then I guess I'll just wait for you to send the *.lbu file. Do you need to purchase a VIN license before then? If so then you can still order one online, just leave the Auth Code blank. It won't process automatically but will be processed manually tomorrow morning with any other failed orders. Just add a comment to your order saying you can't obtain your Auth Code at the moment.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, then I guess I'll just wait for you to send the *.lbu file. Do you need to purchase a VIN license before then? If so then you can still order one online, just leave the Auth Code blank. It won't process automatically but will be processed manually tomorrow morning with any other failed orders. Just add a comment to your order saying you can't obtain your Auth Code at the moment.

Regards
    Paul
    No, it can wait till I return, that won't be a problem. I wouldn't be able to use it right now anyways. Thank you for your assistance, by the way.

This is a tangent, but out of curiosity as another developer, what language(s) is EFI Live coded in? I do see note of Lua in the V8.

This is a tangent, but out of curiosity as another developer, what language(s) is EFI Live coded in?
    The V7 and V8 software is developed using Delphi.
    The V8 EFILiveVM.dll is developed using C.
    The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware is developed using C.

Regards
    Paul

The V7 and V8 software is developed using Delphi.
    The V8 EFILiveVM.dll is developed using C.
    The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware is developed using C.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

I'm sending the requested file now. I'm also attaching an image that I had my wife take of the screen with my FlashScan attached.

Regards,
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8953303d-fbd7-4124-92a4-0dbfb1ce546e.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	326.9 KB 
ID:	19259  

If you look at the serial number of your FlashScan it is missing the first 2 leading zeros. The leading zeros should be automatically added by the firmware. I'll investigate why they are not being added.

Can you use FlashScan itself to view the serial number, F4->F3->F1, it should look something like this (i.e. with all 12 digits showing, although I suspect yours may show with the leading zeros missing or replaced with some other symbol):

Name:	sshotserial.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	19260

Also please do this:
    1. Start the EFILive Control Panel (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel).
    2. Click on the FlashScan icon that appears in the System Tray near the clock on the Windows Task Bar.
    3. Select [F2: USB], then click [Status] - ensure the serial number is displayed in the EFILive Control Panel window.
    4. Select [F8: Trace], then click [Save Trace].
    5. Locate the trace file in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send me a copy of that file.

The trace file will help me to understand if and how the serial number has become corrupted in your FlashScan device.

Regards
    Paul

If you look at the serial number of your FlashScan it is missing the first 2 leading zeros. The leading zeros should be automatically added by the firmware. I'll investigate why they are not being added.

Can you use FlashScan itself to view the serial number, F4->F3->F1, it should look something like this (i.e. with all 12 digits showing, although I suspect yours may show with the leading zeros missing or replaced with some other symbol):

Name:	sshotserial.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	19260

Also please do this:
    1. Start the EFILive Control Panel (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel).
    2. Click on the FlashScan icon that appears in the System Tray near the clock on the Windows Task Bar.
    3. Select [F2: USB], then click [Status] - ensure the serial number is displayed in the EFILive Control Panel window.
    4. Select [F8: Trace], then click [Save Trace].
    5. Locate the trace file in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send me a copy of that file.

The trace file will help me to understand if and how the serial number has become corrupted in your FlashScan device.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

Weird, the number I copied to provide to support, the same number I provided to you, had the 00 appended. I'll have to provide the trace on Thurs, definitely more than I want to guide my wife through over the phone.

Paul,

Weird, the number I copied to provide to support, the same number I provided to you, had the 00 appended. I'll have to provide the trace on Thurs, definitely more than I want to guide my wife through over the phone.
    After some more detailed investigation it appears that very early FlashScan devices only had 10 digit serial numbers. The V7.5 software is designed to prefix '00' to 10 digit numbers to make them 12 digits. The V8 software does not have that "feature".
    So for the time being, I expect that you should be able to generate a valid "Auth Code" using the V7 software and order VIN licenses that way.

Meanwhile I will add the "feature" to V8 that prefixes '00' to 10 digit numbers.

Regards
    Paul

After some more detailed investigation it appears that very early FlashScan devices only had 10 digit serial numbers. The V7.5 software is designed to prefix '00' to 10 digit numbers to make them 12 digits. The V8 software does not have that "feature".
    So for the time being, I expect that you should be able to generate a valid "Auth Code" using the V7 software and order VIN licenses that way.

Meanwhile I will add the "feature" to V8 that prefixes '00' to 10 digit numbers.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

I actually was able to contact my wife and guide her through everything over video call. You are correct, it is showing up without the appended 00, though it did copy with it. Applicable files are attached and I'll email you the htx trace.

For the generating an auth code, do I specifically need v7, or should it be possible with v7.5? I know in the v7.5 software, I have attempted to do licensing through it and it tells me that I must use the v8 software.

Regards,
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlashScanV2.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	619.1 KB 
ID:	19261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlashScanV22.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	541.4 KB 
ID:	19262  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast