Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having some hiccups with OLMAF tuning. Help please

Ok, I see you have the low cell count filter on, and the transient filter (I presume) on...

use LS1B_0060.efi to populate the MAF correction map and apply it to the MAF table (paste-multiply-with-labels)...

let's see how this goes...

and where you see the MAF curve bump upat arounf 5250 Hz, push the MAF curve up (from 5250 Hz and up) to flow from that bump... and click the smoothing button a few times.

Save file, flash it, and take another log.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, I see you have the low cell count filter on, and the transient filter (I presume) on...

use LS1B_0060.efi to populate the MAF correction map and apply it to the MAF table (paste-multiply-with-labels)...

let's see how this goes...

and where you see the MAF curve bump upat arounf 5250 Hz, push the MAF curve up (from 5250 Hz and up) to flow from that bump... and click the smoothing button a few times.

Save file, flash it, and take another log.
    I use the filter setting from the calc.vet tutorials but I'm having a lot of inconsistency. The ben factor will want to pull or add a bunch of fuel then I'll flash the file and run another log and then want to add or take way more. It's a reoccurring issue across multiple corrections and logs. With the lean starts, lean driving, I think maybe it's time to go to a SD tune. I may have a maf issue. I have included a sheet that shows a glimpse of my issue to save you the time of reviewing logs. log 72 shows how terrible my cold starts are.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which MAF do you have...?

Does it have the airflow straightener screen...?

Is it near any bend in the airflow plumbing...?

Good idea, try doing SD tune first.

Lifetime Member

The MAF sensor looks fine. The problem is either a corrupted OS or a bad PCM... GM.CYLAIR_DMA is sometimes producing crazy low numbers, but at other times the numbers are exactly what they should be.

Which MAF do you have...?

Does it have the airflow straightener screen...?

Is it near any bend in the airflow plumbing...?

Good idea, try doing SD tune first.
    It looks like a stock sensor with aftermarket maf ends. It's a straight shot from slp lid to tb. Do you you agree with statesman? Would that parameter issue affect sd tuning? The car didn't have these issues starting out with stock tables.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    The MAF sensor looks fine. The problem is either a corrupted OS or a bad PCM... GM.CYLAIR_DMA is sometimes producing crazy low numbers, but at other times the numbers are exactly what they should be.
    Is there any way to test it or just do a full flash? And if I do a full flash, would I copy my tables to a new file or just use what I have?

Lifetime Member

You really need to get the VE table tuned. In cruise area you are over 15% rich. As WOT hits its not as bad, like 7-8%. Those are still huge steps. I am basing this off an LS1 I did thats very similar, VE attached. I have experienced the same issues when I just try and tune by MAF alone.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the VE act as fuel prediction then trimmed by MAF and O2........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VELS1.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	19304

Quote Originally Posted by Team208Motorsports View Post
    You really need to get the VE table tuned. In cruise area you are over 15% rich. As WOT hits its not as bad, like 7-8%. Those are still huge steps. I am basing this off an LS1 I did thats very similar, VE attached. I have experienced the same issues when I just try and tune by MAF alone.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the VE act as fuel prediction then trimmed by MAF and O2........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VELS1.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	19304
    I thought I would avoid that by disabling lt and St fuel trims and also setting the rpm threshold to 400 instead of 4000. I appreciate all the feedback guys. I will be starting an olsd tune the next time I have a chance to drive the car. Do you have better results with just paste mult by the Ben factor or do you use the interpolation spreadsheet?
    Last edited by RojoCamaro; February 25th, 2016 at 11:01 AM.

In some of those logs (e.g. Book1.zip -> LS1B_0073) the MAF never reads higher than 35 g.s...

looking at CYLAIR_DMA (MAF based), it sometimes reads less than half of what DYNCLYAIR_DMA (VE based) reads, and sometimes is right on it (regardless of throttle transition or not).

I would say go to SD and see what you can do with the VE table...

is your wideband showing correctly (how do you calibrate it)...?

Lifetime Member

looking at CYLAIR_DMA (MAF based), it sometimes reads less than half of what DYNCLYAIR_DMA (VE based) reads, and sometimes is right on it (regardless of throttle transition or not).
    This is what I mean. His VE is double in some places what it should be with this cam. Making the MAF reading seem better... LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast