Thread: runing extra injectors on ls1 pcm

Default runing extra injectors on ls1 pcm

Hi just wondering if any body has run a second row of injectors on a boosted engine i was thinking of adding a second pcm to run the second lot of injectors when boost comes in i m unsure if 2 controllers would like sharing the same crank and cam sensors

Quote Originally Posted by JCA View Post
    Hi just wondering if any body has run a second row of injectors on a boosted engine i was thinking of adding a second pcm to run the second lot of injectors when boost comes in i m unsure if 2 controllers would like sharing the same crank and cam sensors
    They don't mind sharing the CKP/CMP sensors... it's the front NBO2's and CL trimming that they don't like sharing.
    Last edited by joecar; February 19th, 2016 at 02:33 PM.

Some people do this (with just one set of 8 HUGE injectors):

set FPR to low pressure, say 38 psi, scale IFR tables accordingly, set small/minimum pulsewidths;

this allows PCM to control idle, and to run large amount of fuel at boost.

Hi joe thanks for ur reply the engine dosnt run any o2s etc its drag car only i currently run Bosch 1650cc high impedance injectors on my 376ci .Anything under 50psi fpr the injectors seem to lose tune ability i have been also runing id2000 but had problems with both injectors blocking up etc apparently they have a rubber disk under the pintal which swells up with different fuels (e85) as they are a natural gas injector buts its hard to find a big cc injector compatible with all fuels untill now bosch motor sport has released a 1650cc with stainless internals which they warrant with any fuel my problem is the 1650cc are on limit with current combo on 22-30psi and i have a new bigger ci engine ready to go in so i thought if i run 2 lots of injectors having the 2nd set come in at say 15psi id be wiring in 2 ls1 computers just leaving the fuel tables empty till i want the second lot of injectors coming in i know i could go a after market ecu but i like my ls1 stuff do u reckon this should work? Experience with runing piggy backs on other factory vehicles i had to always run extra sensors but it was mainly for coolant /air temps etc