Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Tahoe ppv lq4 swap questions

Default 2005 Tahoe ppv lq4 swap questions

So as it say my buddy bought a Police pursuit vehicle and we put his lq4 in it.

his mods now are
    LQ4
    Milled .020 317 heads
    stock head gaskets
    TSP228R-112lsa (.588/.588)
    pacesetter 1-3/4 long tubes with ORY pipe
    3200 stall

stock flex fuel injector

questions I have seeing im a newbie/wannabie tuner and I cant seem to find the answer im looking for

seeing his Pcm ve table is calibrated for the 5.3 L59 should I find a tune with a 6.0 and copy that over to start the autove process? say my dads 2005 escalade even though its a lq9?

All the reading that ive done do I try to adjust injectors first? or skip that seeing there stock. Ve tune, then work on MAF calibration, then Idle? I don't want to be running in circles trying to get this to work.

-how about the knock sensors do I need to adjust for bigger cam?
    -stall converter what do I change for that again? im starting to trip over what im trying to do.
    -delete rear 02 sensors because there is not cats now

as it is right now the truck will start and run until 175 ECT then rpms drop to low and stalls out. we are in Michigan 40F ish weather right now. hes hooking up the Wideband right now, should it go in the collector on the long tubes or the ORY pipe? its a Innovate motorsports LC2 hoping that we can make it work with efilive v2

Any Tuning guru wanna help a newbie it would be nice to get the thing to stop stalling once warm. Ill try to upload/attach the file so its out there if anybody wants to have it

I have the file on performancetrucks.net

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...stions-542839/
    Last edited by Trxmxzx; March 6th, 2016 at 12:44 PM.
    99 ECSB 1500 6.0 lq9/243 2wd 3.42 in the works.
    Efans - CAI - Walbro 255lph - Eaton LSD
    BTR STAGE 3 truck cam - 60lb Inj - MP122HH
    FLT Level 5 - 3000 SC YANK
    Pacesetter LT's - ORY
    13.170 @ 103.33 Mph -

I'm not a tuning guru, but I got my lq9 swapped into my 69 cutlass and it has the 228r cam also.

Im assuming you have an lq4 ecm right? Not sure what the l59 is... Either way, yes, start by copying over the base tune from a similar year lq4. Watch out for if it's drive by wire or cable. Dying at 175 F Probly means that it switches from open to closed loop and then freaks out. This behavior will change with the lq4 tune.

Im using the innovate lc2 as well. It is 1 inch after the collector on my longtubes. Wire it exactly as they say, 12v relay and all. You'll also need a null modem adapter to connect it to the v2. Don't try and run analog with it, waste of time. If you havn't already, read the sticky "calcvet" and idle tips and tuning. Then read them 5 more times. 😀

So, injectors should be taken care of with the lq4 tune. Do idle tuning first, Ditch the autoVE and definitly do CalcVet next , it calibrates the VE and maf at the same time. Rear 02 gets deleted. I left my knock sensors alone with the 228r and gave been fine.

Im no help with trans tune...

Gotta go to meeting, Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    I'm not a tuning guru, but I got my lq9 swapped into my 69 cutlass and it has the 228r cam also.

Im assuming you have an lq4 ecm right? Not sure what the l59 is... Either way, yes, start by copying over the base tune from a similar year lq4. Watch out for if it's drive by wire or cable. Dying at 175 F Probly means that it switches from open to closed loop and then freaks out. This behavior will change with the lq4 tune.

Im using the innovate lc2 as well. It is 1 inch after the collector on my longtubes. Wire it exactly as they say, 12v relay and all. You'll also need a null modem adapter to connect it to the v2. Don't try and run analog with it, waste of time. If you havn't already, read the sticky "calcvet" and idle tips and tuning. Then read them 5 more times. ��

So, injectors should be taken care of with the lq4 tune. Do idle tuning first, Ditch the autoVE and definitly do CalcVet next , it calibrates the VE and maf at the same time. Rear 02 gets deleted. I left my knock sensors alone with the 228r and gave been fine.

Im no help with trans tune...

Gotta go to meeting, Hope this helps.

It has stock PCM that came in the truck. The L59 is the flexfuel version of the 5.3L

What tables Should I copy over? VE? Spark?

The injectors that are on the truck now are from the 5.3L I think they are 35lb/hr

thanks for the help
    Pacesetter LT's - ORY
    13.170 @ 103.33 Mph -

Oh I get it now, the Tahoe came with the l59 and you dropped in a lq4. I read ppv and auto thought caprice...
    Yeah, to start, copy ve table, copy lq4 high spark into both high /low l59 tables. Probly the maf cal tables also since the intake tubing is likely different. (this will get corrected in calcvet, but better to have a good baseline). Idle desired airflow will be different, but I would start with the idle tuning procedure anyways. Umm, can't think of anything else at the moment, I can't access efilive in my workstation anymore (thanks IT), I'm sure others will chime in.

BTW, what lsa do you have any on the cam? Mine was in a 115 so I have no overlap.

Copy as many tables as you can that are specific to the LQ9 engine...

copy the injector tables (all of them) from the calibration that came with the injectors.

Keep vehicle/system/transmission specific tables that came with the vehicle.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

B0104? is at 666cc per cyl

do I change that to 750cc? per cyl

The cam is on a 112lsa

So I'm reading two different things - through all the tutorials I'm reading tune idle last, letmech your saying tune idle in first?
    Pacesetter LT's - ORY
    13.170 @ 103.33 Mph -

Sure, change b0104. When you do calcvet, you should have your units in (g*K/kpa) so it won't really affect anything. (step 1a of calcvet)

I couldn't get mine to idle well enough to do calcvet first. when I clutched in it just straight died. I ran step 2 of idle tips and tricks (logging see. Maf...). Then I made my ve table in those areas match. Since you seem to idle fine up to 150 then you could Probly do calcvet first .

Joecar please slap my knuckles if I'm misleading here.

Sounds good, please proceed

Jetmech is correct:

B0104 cylinder volume is used by B0101 VE table only when it is displayed in % units...
    B0104 does not do anything when B0101 is displayed in g*K/kPa units (it is documentive).

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast