Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial E47 (LUZ) Full Tuning Support

Post Unofficial E47 (LUZ) Full Tuning Support

So as many of you probably know, I took matters into my own hands and added support for the mini diesel. You can find all the goodies, installation, etc. on the GitHub site.

Read the disclaimers. EFI Live has absolutely nothing to do with this, except with the hardware and tuning software.

The Cruze itself uses a similar ECU found in the LML. Most of the maps you would find in the LML are found in cax file, but not all of them. Some areas are underdeveloped, particular timing and pilot quantities, other areas are just messy. These ECMs are just a pain to work with.

To answer 90% of questions…

Q – What OS does this support?
    A – 12662377 and 12658788. Do not use 12681104.

Q – Will this be updated?
    A – Yesss. Although at this time the cax is mostly completed.

Q - Can I add XXX?
    A – Maybe, but I can only dedicate so much time to a free project. If it’s not something major don’t expect a miracle. If you find a massive flaw though I can be pretty quick at fixing those. So do tell.

Q – DSP?
    A - Nope.

Q – I want a read.
    A – You can’t read the ECM for the same reason as the LML. Your best bet is to find someone who can read it (not me, sorry).

Q – Why are you releasing this to the public?
    A – Guess I'm too nice.

Q – So what do you want?
    A – The worst thing you can do is just use my work to make your millions without anyone knowing about my involvement. Because of that… Using this commercially will require a license. You can read more about that is on the GitHub page. This still costs absolutely nothing however, so if you want to give there is a donate option on the github page. Donating doesn't magically unlock any hidden maps. Nothing is hidden.
    Last edited by Snipesy; February 19th, 2017 at 02:15 PM.

Nice one, people probably don't appreciate how many hours it has taken you to compile this up.
    Sadly for the Diesel Cruze it has been cut, I think they only sold 6,000 or so and the ECM used on the US model was only used on the US model so don't worry about people making 'millions' from your work .
    FWIW there is actually two OS"s released, 12658788 & 12662377.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

6000 * 300 profit a vehicle = 1.8 Million. That's how it works right???

I just figured they all came out of factory with 12662377. Shucks, guess people just gotta upgrade.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    6000 * 300 profit a vehicle = 1.8 Million. That's how it works right???

I just figured they all came out of factory with 12662377. Shucks, guess people just gotta upgrade.
    Less than 1% of automobile owners opt for computer tuning ... your math was based on 100% of the vehicles that were produced receiving custom tuning.

No money in this venture ... LOL

I wasn't going to be so harsh Taz and burst Snipesy's bubble , but sadly that is probably about the reality of it with 90% of them probably not even realising a car can be retuned for better performance. A person that buys a Corvette or Camaro has modifications in mind the moment they leave the dealership.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Guess I'm bad at sarcasm. I'm quite aware there are very few of these out there. If there were alot, then I probably would have never released this.

So no one is bursting my bubble. There never was one to begin with.

You've done a good job on it though so be happy for what you achieved, shame GM couldn't sell more of them.

Pretty sad it didnt take off. The little Cruze has teeth, but just doesn't know how to use them. GM is aiming toward quiet, high mpg engines and not loud, high torque diesels.

Can't blame GM though. They are just making what the majority wants. Now they are going to use a 1.6L which is quite literally built to hide the fact it's a diesel. I doubt it will have near the potential of its older brother.

+bonus points for posting on GitHub.

Lifetime Member

Intent was to be realistic, not harsh. Wasn't sure if your earlier post was serious or sarcastic ... glad to hear it was sarcasm (i.e. no bubble burst).

Undertaking to write a CAX file is something that all experienced tuners should try at least once in their careers. It will make you a better tuner, by better understanding how the controller programming works, and you will more fully appreciate the magnitude of work that defining a single operating system (OS) represents.

At last count I have written 200+ CAX files ... some much larger than yours. These are more a labour of intellectual pursuit than a money making venture. Only a handful of the CAX files that I have written ever covered the cost of their respective R&D.

Nice work ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast