Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial E47 (LUZ) Full Tuning Support

Unfortunately however the caculation is done it doesn't really take fuel into account. So if the 250 Nm row gives 300 nm the TCM will still misbehave. Honestly 80% of the work is toward creating a perfect torque to fuel table.

FYI. The newer OS GM released got pulled. It's really bad. All sorts of issues. Throw it in the recycling bin if you got it.

Ooops, I wonder if they'll roll back or release another update.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    FYI. The newer OS GM released got pulled. It's really bad. All sorts of issues. Throw it in the recycling bin if you got it.
    Can you please be more specific what is wrong with OS 12662377.
    Also what are the differences between OS 12662377 and OS 12658788?

Thanks For your respond!

Got a letter in the mail about the release of the update, for the update...

it says that if you had your car in for the prior update, then you will get a new calibration flashed, if not you will get the calibration, and a new NOX #1 sensor

Hey everyone I haven't been active with EFI Live for quite some time (which I am sorry to say).

The github page should have more than enough for anyone. I recently added example tunes. Those tunes come with no support and should just be used to reference in building your own, but they will work. The github even has a small wiki page, which regardless of what engine you are tuning, new people may find helpful (not saying I am the best teacher, but there it is).

I originally intended to sell my efforts on the E47 in the forms of tunes (just as many of you guys have), but constant US EPA issues have led me to err on the side of caution even with emissions in tact tunes. This is just how things are going forward. So I'm officially calling it quits. I will not be working on the Cruze anymore (nor have I for a while). There are pieces unfinished with the cax (just like the LML). Anyone is free to pick it up if they desire (it is all open source).

It's not all a loss. I did make BiScan (used to be called GMX I think), which allows people to do regens and stuff for their LMLs. I am also working on a newer app called Gretio in my off time. It will be a 'scan tool' people can run on their phones and an OBD Link Device (and eventually comma ai pandas and maybe others). All of this is made possible from information I gained from the E47 Cruze. I am much better at developing software than tuning, so it's a nice fit for me.

To close I really hope everyone finds a place in the future. Most of the people reading this are going to be pretty bright. There are plenty of opportunities out there, both in the automotive aftermarket and other fields. Whatever happens, you'll get through it.

Snipesy, thanks for all your shared information on the E47 ECM. I know the car wasn't the big seller GM hoped for but those that were tuning them I am sure really appreciated all your free information on tuning them.

You said "To close I really hope everyone finds a place in the future." As much as people don't want to hear it everyone in this industry needs to consider a plan b, the changes in the automotive world over the last 4 or 5 years have been massive and I suspect in another 5 years the changes will be even more of a shift that will have people question the long term viability of what they do, this won't last forever for many reasons that can't be reversed.

Thanks again and good luck with everything.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is anyone able to recommend a bench harness for the E47? I don't see it listed on Bench Force, though perhaps one of them is cross compatible for communication.

https://bench-force.com/search?q=cruze
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I have downloaded everything triple checked everything I can open the tune in V8 but when I try to open the editor it says its unsupported any help??
    thanks in advance

Support for editing within V8 hasn't and wont happen. If you have a file made you can flash it with V8.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast