Thread: $054D on my AutoCal/Spade

Default $054D on my AutoCal/Spade

I read what the problem is and the fix is to program full the first time, this is a A40 mod.
    But I had already program cal this file last year and it went in fine.

Today I changed ECM tunes and wanted to just load the A40 mod in again, just because.
    The ECM tune full went in fine today, then when I started over with the A40 mod program cal, I got this $054D.

I updated my Spade after the last update in December, maybe that's the issue explained doesn't support calibration changes.
    I'm guessing I'll just need to use Program Full to load the A40 mod in again.
    Then I'll only have to use program cal if I want to make A40 changes in the future.

Thanks, I'm confused myself reading this
    "BLACK"-2007 Yukon Denali 6.2 gasser EFI AutoCal
    "BLACK"-2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW, LMM Dmax, EFI AutoCal/Spade

My Spade won't allow me to flash TCM files on Cal or full I can't even put the stock TCM file back in on cal or full.
    Error codes cal $054D A40 mod, A40 stock $0536, on full error code $0539 a40 mod, I forgot the stock error code on full.

This A40 mod I got 2/3/15 and installed it with no problems, all I can think of is the recent AutoCal update caused a problem. My ECM tunes loaded just fine.
    I contacted my tuner, there're trying to figure out what happened, any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thx.

Lifetime Member

The A40 stock file is not linked to your AutoCal, so you don't have permission to flash. There are 2 possibilities with this error :
    1. You read it out of your TCM, but never sent it to them for them to link to your AutoCal for reflashing purposes, or
    2. You were not given permission to self-asign during the read process.
    In both instances your Tuner will need to give the tune file permission to be flashed.

$0539 on A40 mod - your tuner has prevented the file from being full flashed. It can only be cal-flashed.

$054D - A40 is not a controller that is supported with Auto-Lock, and it's an Auto-Lock error you are reporting. If you open the tune file in V8 software and look at the permission tab, what is the status of the Auto-Lock check box?

Cheers
    Cindy

At the request from my tuner I downloaded my stock A40 file and emailed it to him, so he could write me the A40 mod file.
    He said the stock file I had saved and email him I could use that to flash back the stock A40 TCM tune if I ever wanted to.

The A40 mod file loaded just fine one year ago.
    I did not self assign anything, I followed my tuners directions.
    I paid for all of my tuning and spade.

My HP Windows PC has crashed and being repaired so I can't look at anything at this time.
    So how did the A40 mod load in the first place one year ago and now fails, that's what's puzzling me as well as the tech. support.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RVDAN View Post
    At the request from my tuner I downloaded my stock A40 file and emailed it to him, so he could write me the A40 mod file.
    He said the stock file I had saved and email him I could use that to flash back the stock A40 TCM tune if I ever wanted to.

The A40 mod file loaded just fine one year ago.
    I did not self assign anything, I followed my tuners directions.
    I paid for all of my tuning and spade.

My HP Windows PC has crashed and being repaired so I can't look at anything at this time.
    So how did the A40 mod load in the first place one year ago and now fails, that's what's puzzling me as well as the tech. support.
    Without seeing the tune files we are just speculating - we are just guessing about the permissions set on the tune files and the way the tuner has configured your device. Your tuner will know these answers and will be able to assist you in resolving these.

For your own knowledge, you could attempt to open your files in V8 software. To do this, you will need to move the files from your AutoCal to your PC. Instructions can be found here: https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...9562-EUAF-6679

When you select the file to open in V8, if security has been set you will be presented with a screen similar to the below. This will tell you all of the security applied to your tune files.

For any file to be compatible with your AutoCal, the final restriction - Linked to remote AutoCal will need to be set. That AutoCal license # will need to match your Tuner's FlashScan V2 serial number. If it doesn't, or if that restriction is not set, you will not have the ability to flash that file.

The permissions for Cal-only and Full-Flash options will dictate how you have permission to flash the file. If neither are selected, then it won't matter.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks,
    Every tune I have, I have saved on my desk top sorted by both of my EFI tuners on the EFI Explorer.
    Hopefully all of my files are still available when I get my HP back, then I'll try to check.
    Bob @ Dmaxtuner might be back Monday maybe this mystery might get solved.
    Luckily my trucks running good I just wanted to make sure my A40 mod was still installed, by reloading it, this would confirm it was.
    I had battery issues and made some tuner changes back and forth the past year, and settled for my first EFI choice Dmaxtuner.