Thread: LLY Flashing Issues Lately

Default LLY Flashing Issues Lately

So historically the LB7/LLY trucks have been a pain in the butt to flash. But lately with the latest updates it has gotten worse. I never used to have to bench flash these trucks, and lately it seems like 1 in 2 trucks I have to pull the ECM to flash on the bench. I haven't changed anything (I pull fuses and disconnect the remote starter) since I started doing them. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this recently?

If I pull the ECM it flashes on the bench with no issues, its when I mail out autocals or email out tunes to get flashed in and they have issues and the customer ends up having to mail me in the ECM to bench flash.

What happens is typically it will start the flash, say erasing then programming and stay there without making any progress until it kicks out with the 0101 code. I have had issues on even stock trucks lately (no aftermarket radio/remote start). In the 7 years I have been at this I have never had to bench flash a controller till this year. I have had some issues flashing in the past but I could always recover it in the truck without much hassle. Lately if that first flash fails it will only pop a 0101 code in the truck reguardless of what options are selected etc.

Anyone else fighting with LLYs? LB7s seem no different than previously.

Thanks

Mitch

we still send out a good amount of LB7 and LLY emailed tunes and Autocal with no issues.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Hmm thats so odd. Next one I get I will try BBX flashing it, maybe its something going on with my tuning laptop that these picky trucks do not like.

Lifetime Member

See my thread "Dead LLY" I believe mine had to do with the circuit breakers in the block.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E