Thread: LC-1 Serial V2/Scan Tool

Default LC-1 Serial V2/Scan Tool

I am currently trying to get my LC-1 to work with the scan tool to be able to log, however it will not display when I am monitoring real time data. Here is what I have set up
    LC-1 :serial in is capped
    serial out to rs232.
    rs232 to null modem adapter
    null modem adapter to usb (to V2)
    I have read through the serial wide band tutorial, and have calibrated my lc-1. And the lc-1 instructable. My lc1 displays AFR on the digital display, and when i show WO2 display on the V2 it displays the correct AFR. My problem arises when I add my PIDS and monitor (in the scan tool), it shows AFR at ten, and EQ ratio at zero. I have made sure I have the sae_generic file which displays the correct code for values. I have spent about 8 hours reading the forums, trial and error, and I just cant figure it out. I hate wasting others time asking silly questions which seem juvenile to the level most are probably at, but I have spent an adequate amount of time and just cannot get it set up right. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my software and firmware are up to date.
    -One other thing. When reading through the tutorial the V2 on the tutorial displays com-in and com-out both set to wide band, my flashscan only displays com, which i set to wide band.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Attachment 19395 Here is the PIDS I have selected shown in monitor mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Prormk163 View Post
    I am currently trying to get my LC-1 to work with the scan tool to be able to log, however it will not display when I am monitoring real time data. Here is what I have set up
    LC-1 :serial in is capped
    serial out to rs232.
    rs232 to null modem adapter
    null modem adapter to usb (to V2)
    I have read through the serial wide band tutorial, and have calibrated my lc-1. And the lc-1 instructable. My lc1 displays AFR on the digital display, and when i show WO2 display on the V2 it displays the correct AFR. My problem arises when I add my PIDS and monitor (in the scan tool), it shows AFR at ten, and EQ ratio at zero. I have made sure I have the sae_generic file which displays the correct code for values. I have spent about 8 hours reading the forums, trial and error, and I just cant figure it out. I hate wasting others time asking silly questions which seem juvenile to the level most are probably at, but I have spent an adequate amount of time and just cannot get it set up right. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my software and firmware are up to date.
    -One other thing. When reading through the tutorial the V2 on the tutorial displays com-in and com-out both set to wide band, my flashscan only displays com, which i set to wide band.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Well mystery solved. I deleted everything EFILIVE on my laptop, restarted, redownloaded and magically it works. There must have been an update my laptop wouldnt download.

Hmmm...

post a new log file, let me sanity check it anyway.

Default lc1 worked-log

Here is my log, everything seemed to work fine. I am currently doing auto VE. It seemed to have run pretty well with the exception of my idle (stop signs, shifting gears). I will be doing some reading and what not on the idle tutorials if you have any tips, Joecar, that would be great. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Prormk163; March 29th, 2016 at 03:18 AM.

B0101: flatten out the spikes and inverse spikes (but do not smooth the table).
    B3616: set to 65% below 3200 rpm, 35% above 3200 rpm.
    B3615: set same as B3616.
    B3618: set to EQR 1.175.
    B4206: for tuning set this to Disable.
    C6001: set P0101,2,3 to A:1-Trip.

WOT MPH up/down shifts are upside down.

D0903 Normal: looks weird, why does it have that hump down low...?

Set Throttle Kickdown to 100% everywhere.

Here is the changes. Im not sure what you mean by the WOT MPH up/down shifts are upside down. are you referring to D1201-(06)? Thanks for all the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just ran it for a bit and noticed my IAC steps are about 165 in OL. Seems a bit high (at idle)