Thread: Any harm in full flashing a different OS?

Default Any harm in full flashing a different OS?

Let's say I've got 2 2006 LBZ's with different stock OS calibrations. If I've already got tunes made up for the others OS, does it do any harm to do a full flash onto the other trucks ecm? I would of course save that trucks stock cal first but I'm just wondering if theirs any side effects!

The issue is more with the combination of all the other segments (Fuel System, Speed etc), these are calibrated for specific vehicle options and don't play nice in vehicles not similar to what the tune came from.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So If I'm looking at the same year LBZ, they've got to be pretty similar right? I'm guessing these differences are adjustable with EFI?

No, every parameter in all segments isn't adjustable, you need to match all segment part numbers.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok, I was just wondering. I was having some wierd de-fueling issues with some OS's, but not others. Feels almost like the truck is loping but I'm constant on the throttle, almost always around 50mph. If I lay off of the throttle and get back into it, it'll blow a little smoke and then be back to normal. Figured If I full flash the OS tunes onto trucks with the troublesome OS's it'd be fine, but I guess not! Any idea what my tune issue is?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Ok, I was just wondering. I was having some wierd de-fueling issues with some OS's, but not others. Feels almost like the truck is loping but I'm constant on the throttle, almost always around 50mph. If I lay off of the throttle and get back into it, it'll blow a little smoke and then be back to normal. Figured If I full flash the OS tunes onto trucks with the troublesome OS's it'd be fine, but I guess not! Any idea what my tune issue is?
    I think this is related to your EGR post Brody. Try my suggestion first.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    I think this is related to your EGR post Brody. Try my suggestion first.
    I was originally asking about the OS swap because I had a truck come in that must've had a dsp2 tune in from the previous owner, therefore I had an X in engine operation when trying to pull the calibration that was in it. If I would've had internet I would've got his stock OS and went online and found a his stock cal on file tune depot. I ended up doing a full flash of a buddies tune that was the same year and motor.