Thread: Hit 5k for the first time today

Default Hit 5k for the first time today

StarLogs32.efi

Pretty good feeling, think I need to dial fuel back a little bit or add some more timing up top. I don't plan on running that high, would like to shift around 4200rpm. I've got an Aurora 5k for a turbo and feel as though it's a bit too restrictive on the turbine side. The setup is:

Fass 220, ATS twin CP3's stock cummins under stock duramax pump, DDP 220hp
    Injectors ATS 3 Piece manifold, ATS Aurora 5000 setup as a single, ATS Arc
    Flow intake, Stock Intercooler, Grid Heater is Deleted, home made coolant bypass.

Engine is a 5.9 built by mountain high performance, Bored .40 over, Threaded
    freeze plugs, Big Valve conversion, Hamilton 188/220, Hamilton 110 springs, ARP 425's, ARP
    main studs, 12v rods shot peened and cryo'd, Pretty much everything was cryo'd
    when the engine was built

ATS stage 6 trans, billet everything as far as I know.
    Stock stall, 5 star triple disk

The truck felt pretty strong the whole way up but I'm sure it's falling off after 4k rpm. I also looked at the Pyro briefly and it was pegged past 1600 so I think I'll pull a bunch of fuel out of it and add a bit more timing. I've got dyno time this coming friday and am hoping to get her dialed in a bit better before I head to the track at the end of the month.
    I must say it felt awesome but I was scared sh*tless the first couple times getting up around 4500+rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    I must say it felt awesome but I was scared sh*tless the first couple times getting up around 4500+rpm
    What's the worst that could happen
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Nice, that's quite a build.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Also have to say it sounded amazing up there too!

what was your psi when you noticed the pyro was pegged at 1600
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

I didn't have a chance to look at that gauge too. I wish I could have but was focusing on driving. I know that on the lower rpm tunes I build about 55-57psi. I've got to replace the clogged line to my drive pressure gauge as well and get that functional so that I can watch all of the gauges on Friday while I'm on the dyno.

Got on the dyno this past Friday. Put down 737 and 1279, Got plenty more fuel but I didn't feel comfortable going much higher with the current turbo. I was seeing about 48psi of boost and around 75-80psi of drive pressure so didn't really feel comfortable going much further with it. It was my first time spending time on the dyno to get things dialed in and it was awesome. It was great to be able to make some changes, log, dyno and see results. I'm guessing there's another 50hp on the street being that I build about 8-10 more psi but who knows.