Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 bar SD open loop idle rich and hard start cold

None of them showed red X's in them. Ill switch that to G/Sec on my next log.

Yes I left the min pulse to what it was factory since thats what my buddy had it set to. Seems to be much better. No more tip in issues. He told me he had a tip in issue as well but it didnt bother him. For a very common injector I found it hard to get correct data.

Jay

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also, use g/s instead of lb/min (use Metric for mass, flowrate, manifold pressure, use Imperial for speed, temperature, transmission pressure).
    Why don't you catch up with the rest of the world and use Metric for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Why don't you catch up with the rest of the world and use Metric for everything?
    LOL...

I agree and I would...

but mph and F* fit the local conventions (what you immediately see and experience on the road);

and trans psi allows the range of values to be more usable and correlates to all the old manuals I've accumulated over the decades.

LOL i use a mixture as im canadian but so close to the Detroit Border.

So I was going through some threads last night. Im gonna look at the B4003 and B4004. I found a spec sheet for the Siemens 80# injectors. It shows a MIN Pulse of 0.599. My tune currently shows B4003 - 0.729480 and B4004 - 1.276591

Can anyone explain the differance between these? Should I be putting 0.599 in both?

B4003- Minimum Injector Pulse Width
    B4004- Default Minimum Pulse Width (says if the PCM commands less than B4003 then it uses this table)

So is the PCM using the B3701 (injector pulse width with voltage adjustment + the small pulse adjust for the numbers?) I have the B3701 set to the spec sheets correct. I know some threads I read say to mess with the timing for larger injectors, but im yet to find a single tune that someone altered the timing and trims.

I would assume the cold start issues are due to the injectors. Most of the rest of the tune is stock besides desired idle speeds, shift points. I did add some timing. I found the car ran WAY worse with a stock timing map. Also the Throttle body has been ported. maybe this is causing issues? I did try adding a tad more Air to the PARKED IAC position. Didnt seem to help at all

Thanks,

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rich View Post
    So I was going through some threads last night. Im gonna look at the B4003 and B4004. I found a spec sheet for the Siemens 80# injectors. It shows a MIN Pulse of 0.599. My tune currently shows B4003 - 0.729480 and B4004 - 1.276591

Can anyone explain the differance between these? Should I be putting 0.599 in both?

B4003- Minimum Injector Pulse Width
    B4004- Default Minimum Pulse Width (says if the PCM commands less than B4003 then it uses this table)
    Yes, put that value in both tables.

You said earlier that you changed {B4006}.... you may find some undesirable fueling effects by doing that. As soon as you go below that value (think decel here), you're going to be slammed with the full value of your small pulse adjust and it will send you seriously rich. It's far better to tone down the small pulse adjust table {B4005} and leave {B4006} at the stock setting.

I did notice that actually. I did around a 30min cruise. Stopped for gas then noticed after that my wideband was maxed and the laptop was showing 7.5afr at low throttle cruise. I'll change that back to 3.999 and change the 4003 and 4004. I'll try to test it tonight if the weather holds

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

I'll change that back to 3.999 and change the 4003 and 4004. I'll try to test it tonight if the weather holds
    Tone down your {B4005} as well, or you won't be very happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Tone down your {B4005} as well, or you won't be very happy with the results.
    Looking at that now its toned down the slightest amount from a stock LS1, it appears the LS1 to a ZR1 pulse adjust is a pretty good amount different. Ill slowly scale what I have and see what the results are. Ill start with taking 10% out and seeing what happens. Its amazing how common these injectors are and how little info you can find on them for EFIlive tunes, seems like everyone with them uses HP tuners!

Jay

Adjusted the b4003 and 4004 to the 0.599, b4006 back to 3.999 and took around 20% of the small pulse adjust b4005.

Seems to be a bunch more stable cruising on and off the throttle. Was only seeing 11-12afr off throttle.

No change in fire up. Still takes 3 cranks and some throttle to keep it alive. Seems like it will chug for like 10 seconds then level out. Went and adjusted the cranking afr command to a bunch leaner and it was way worse.

I'll do some more research and test again tomorrow.it sucks because I only get like 1 try every 30min lol.

Jay

Lifetime Member

No change in fire up. Still takes 3 cranks and some throttle to keep it alive. Seems like it will chug for like 10 seconds then level out. Went and adjusted the cranking afr command to a bunch leaner and it was way worse.
    It probably needs more start-up airflow.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast