Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 bar SD open loop idle rich and hard start cold

Default 3 bar SD open loop idle rich and hard start cold

Well after going over my entire car trying to figure out a no start I noticed the plugs were all fouled. I want to work on my cold start issues. Pretty well takes 3 times to start cold. Usually dies out. After its running it runs great.

Should I be messing with the VE?

5.3L
    LS6 Cam
    02 COS3
    4L80e
    80lb Injectors
    40psi Rail pressure idle 1:1 rising
    Vic Jr, Stock ported TB
    GT45 Turbo

3bar map

I spent a while last summer messing with this and never really got it set, even doing auto VE. Seemed like I would modify it then the next cruise the numbers would be off again.

Thanks Jay
    Attached Files Attached Files

In table B0102 "Cranking VE" the cell values are too high... compare with the values in the 400 rpm in table B0101.

I did end up pulling almost 60% out of the cranking VE, it seems better. I logged my RAFIG/N last night and for some reason it showing zero's across the board on my scanner. Im going to start back over I think I edited too much since now I have a hanging idle around 1000rpm warm. Commanded 750rpm. I did add in a 200rpm offset for 4 seconds after start up, maybe its holding onto that? Ill further investigate after I get my trans issues cleared.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rich View Post
    I did end up pulling almost 60% out of the cranking VE, it seems better. I logged my RAFIG/N last night and for some reason it showing zero's across the board on my scanner. Im going to start back over I think I edited too much since now I have a hanging idle around 1000rpm warm. Commanded 750rpm. I did add in a 200rpm offset for 4 seconds after start up, maybe its holding onto that? Ill further investigate after I get my trans issues cleared.

Jay
    Post screenshot.

Here are a couple pics

Jay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rafig-log.PNG 
Views:	282 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	19391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rafig-pids.PNG 
Views:	235 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	19392

Hmmm, weird... do the zeros on the IAC DMA pids persist...?

Okay so I just tried again with some other pids selected. Perhaps I had the wrong ones? I happened to click on the "calculated" pids tab and say both rafig and rafin but these also stayed 0.00.

I didnt get much time as im in the middle of bbqing. I did only like a 2 minute COLD idle. Still have to crank it over like 4 times to start it cold. As soon as I got it close following the idle tips it created a hanging idle. So I set my IAC Airflows back to factory LS1. I want to say this has more to do with injector tuning. I recall my C5 vette when I ran 42lb injectors I had a hell of a time with start up.

IAC PARK AIRFLOW- Stayed pretty stead at 2.95lb/min (what exaxtly does this mean?)
    Warmed up IAC P/N (same here?)
    Warmed up IAC in gear (same here?)
    I also logged my PCS it appears to be working but very very low amperages, meaning more pressure? Still need to further investigate this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idle-test.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	19399

Not too sure if this will fix my cold start but my idle is much cleaner and i no longer have a tip in issue by changing the B4006 MIN injector pulse width from 3.9998 to 1.900. Now the car idles around a 1.800 pulse width. Seems much cleaner and probably a bunch leaner. In open loop my wideband was full rich, now im around 11.8-12.00

Jay

Not too sure if this will fix my cold start but my idle is much cleaner and i no longer have a tip in issue by changing the B4006 MIN injector pulse width from 3.9998 to 1.900. Now the car idles around a 1.800 pulse width. Seems much cleaner and probably a bunch leaner. In open loop my wideband was full rich, now im around 11.8-12.00

Jay
    ok, so injector data was not correct/complete.

Okay so I just tried again with some other pids selected. Perhaps I had the wrong ones? I happened to click on the "calculated" pids tab and say both rafig and rafin but these also stayed 0.00.

I didnt get much time as im in the middle of bbqing. I did only like a 2 minute COLD idle. Still have to crank it over like 4 times to start it cold. As soon as I got it close following the idle tips it created a hanging idle. So I set my IAC Airflows back to factory LS1. I want to say this has more to do with injector tuning. I recall my C5 vette when I ran 42lb injectors I had a hell of a time with start up.

IAC PARK AIRFLOW- Stayed pretty stead at 2.95lb/min (what exaxtly does this mean?)
    Warmed up IAC P/N (same here?)
    Warmed up IAC in gear (same here?)
    I also logged my PCS it appears to be working but very very low amperages, meaning more pressure? Still need to further investigate this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idle-test.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	19399
    On the PIDs tab, make sure those pids do not have any red X thru them.

I'm looking in your tune to correlate that 2.95 lb/min...

Also, use g/s instead of lb/min (use Metric for mass, flowrate, manifold pressure, use Imperial for speed, temperature, transmission pressure).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast