Thread: Cummins User Guides

Lifetime Member

Default Cummins User Guides

There are a range of documents to assist users tuning Cummins vehicles.

Dodge Cummins User Guide will assist new users to EFILive in setting up their FlashScan, reading, editing, flashing and logging their truck.

CSP User Guide - CM2450B 6.7L provides step by step instructions on upgrading to CSP5, switchable tuning on the fly.
    CSP User Guide - CM2350B 6.7L
    CSP User Guide - CM2200 6.7L
    CSP User Guide - CM2100A 6.7L
    CSP User Guide - CM849 5.9L

Cummins BootRSA Patch User Guide provides an overview of the RSA digital signature and ways to overcome these restrictions.

Documentation can also be found in EFILive Scan and Tune Software by selecting Help -> Documents

Cheers,
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; December 20th, 2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: updated documentation

Lifetime Member

In June 2018, EFILive implemented a method that no longer requires third party methods of removing the Digital Signature via OEM 3 Plug Connector for CM2350B controllers. The EFILive ECM flash process now manages this function through the OBD-II port.

Bench flashing for CM2100 and CM2200 controllers also use this process eliminating the previously implemented BootRSA Patch file process.
    In vehicle flashing for CM2100 and CM2200 controllers still requires the BootRSA Patch file process to remove the digital signature. Please refer to the Cummins Boot RSA Patch User Guide.

NOTE: The ECM must be fully operational and not in boot mode as a result of a failed flash (error $0340) or forced boot mode. Where the ECM is in boot mode, the unlock process is bypassed and two-step flash process is required to remove the digital signature.

1. Recover the ECM by flashing a stock tune to restore the ECM to operational mode.
    2. Flash the ECM to remove the digital signature.

Documentation in the links above have been updated to include these changes.

Cheers
    Cindy

Can someone please help me with this I have a 2017 ram cm2350b and I bought efi live for my use and several others and I need a install for dummies I have downloaded the v8.2.18 for beta test trial set up my v2 and being the first time using it makes it hard enough but the unlock process through the obd2 but the gateway module I just want to be sure that I’m doing this 100percent correct I really don’t want to blank out my ecm I have read the artical about the 2010-18 10 times and it jumps back and forth from the 2100 to 2350b so much I don’t want to mess this up I have the understanding that I might need a gateway bypass that’s fine how do I know if my truck needs it can I fine out without putting my truck to sleep

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codyjones View Post
    Can someone please help me with this I have a 2017 ram cm2350b and I bought efi live for my use and several others and I need a install for dummies I have downloaded the v8.2.18 for beta test trial set up my v2 and being the first time using it makes it hard enough but the unlock process through the obd2 but the gateway module I just want to be sure that I’m doing this 100percent correct I really don’t want to blank out my ecm I have read the artical about the 2010-18 10 times and it jumps back and forth from the 2100 to 2350b so much I don’t want to mess this up I have the understanding that I might need a gateway bypass that’s fine how do I know if my truck needs it can I fine out without putting my truck to sleep
    If you have a CM2350B, and have updated your software to V8.2.18 and have updated your firmware to V2.07.135 you do not need this document.

You only need this document if you have either a CM2100 or CM2200 and want to flash in-vehicle, or CM2350B if you've chosen not to update your software and firmware.

The flash process will manage the unlock process.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Codyjones View Post
    The gateway module will block flash attempts, nothing will happen to the ECM the software will just say it could not put the ECM in to programming mode if your truck has one.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you for the quick response sorry these questions might seem dumb to you guys but I work at a semi dealership and install Cummins software almost daily and granted it is Cummins software there are still unspoken rules and steps to fallow and I have had to manually input every parameter to revive a ecm from being blanked out but without access to my true ecm parameters might make me more nervous than most just wish there was a tuning for dummies cm2350b unlock addition I

No it is good to be cautious, Cummins ECM's do like to just give up working for no particular reason.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    If you have a CM2350B, and have updated your software to V8.2.18 and have updated your firmware to V2.07.135 you do not need this document.

You only need this document if you have either a CM2100 or CM2200 and want to flash in-vehicle, or CM2350B if you've chosen not to update your software and firmware.

The flash process will manage the unlock process.

Cheers
    Cindy
    thank you guys are with your quick response and knowledge I have been a part of many forms but so far I know its only been several days but this is the best I'm glad this form is here and I'm ready to help others when I have a better grasp on the programming I look in the future to try and help as many ppl as I can for the fact being that I have been there