Thread: 2013 ZL1 Dyno Tuning Issue

Default 2013 ZL1 Dyno Tuning Issue

We are trying to tune a customers ZL1 Camaro Automatic.
    Upper Pulley swap + AFCO heat exchanger. The rest of the car is untouched.

This Visit:
    Ported stock Blower and TB and plenum.

Here is our problem; We are losing over 50% of our commanded timing from our high octane timing table. We are seeing no knock retard, no burst knock retard, no fast knock retard & no timing loss due to IAT temperatures. Wondering if it is pulling timing from the down stream IAT sensor but there is no table in EFI Live to adjust for this. I know that the FAST & Burst knock tables are not the issue because I set those to 0 everywhere and made a dyno pull to verify but put the tables back after eliminating them. Only thing that has changed is we had the blower ported so we are making around 16 psi (216 kpa)

I have attached a datalog and I will gladly share the file itself. The file is not quite done, but it's close.

On another note, is there a way we can make the PWM I/C pump run at maximum speed all the time? I see the tables for the I/C pump and it is set to come on after 10 seconds of run time, but I'm noticing that the pump is periodically shutting off! I notice it when the IAT2 temp drops to about 104 degrees F.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    It doesn't look like the problem has been resolved.
    And I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that table at all "zero's" or having another IAT sensor just hanging out of the S/C like that.

Lifetime Member

Up to you ... this is how we all learn things ... by experimenting. For a brief period on a Dyno these techniques may help you determine were the spark retard is coming from. You would need to set the Low & High Octane Tables to very safe values for testing. This was your initial lament - spark advance was being reduced.

Lifetime Member

without posting the tune there is no way to help you.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

CONCLUSION:

Sorry, I've been wanting to update this to let everyone know what happened.

So, two weeks ago the customer brought his ZL1 back. He loves it! I did have to remove a bit of line pressure out of the shifting for him. So, I removed the pressure at partial throttle but kept the increased pressure at WOT for the extra power he is making.

I went into the SCAN TOOL and under the DVT I was able to reset the Adaptive Learning and the issue came back.
    So, I ended up disabling it altogether. I did try some settings to get the Adaptive Learning to quit fighing me without much luck. Once I disabled it, my customer has been VERY happy with it ever since.

If anyone wants the file, let me know. I don't mind sharing.

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!

You all have been great!

Joe;
    Thank you, as always, you've been a great help to me and I appreciate the time you've taken to help me understand the strategy in the ECU's on these cars.

GR8GAME,

I'm afraid I know don't as much about the T43 as I do about the older PCM's.

I'm interested in looking at your file (can you post before and after so I view the diffs), please/thanks.