Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: latest trailblazer year using E67 serial data and correct signals for cruise control

Lifetime Member

Default latest trailblazer year using E67 serial data and correct signals for cruise control

im working on a 2005 Silverado, with a GEN4 engine, 6L80E trans, i want to keep everything working as factory, i been reading a lot and the best rout so far is to run a E67 ECM as it is compatible with the A6 trans, it has the correct inputs signal on the cruise control,(AT LEAST ON THE TRAILBLAZER), and has serial data , this way cruise control, cluster and A/C should work,,

what i need is to know what was the last trailblazer SS year using the E67 with serial data and the correct cruis control signals to work with the silverado cruise controls...

hope someone can help me with this

2009 was the last year for the trailblazer. So you should be good to go using any E67 trailblazer OS.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    2009 was the last year for the trailblazer. So you should be good to go using any E67 trailblazer OS.

Thank you Sir, i have a 2012 E67 from a colorado,, i have a GM MDI to flash the E67 to trailblazer tune, but how do i know if the 2012 E67 is compatible with the 09 trailblazer tune? should i give it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    Thank you Sir, i have a 2012 E67 from a colorado,, i have a GM MDI to flash the E67 to trailblazer tune, but how do i know if the 2012 E67 is compatible with the 09 trailblazer tune? should i give it a try?
    No idea, that would be a question for Ross.

The Colorado also used Class 2 databus up until 2012 when it was discontinued...but the Colorado used a resistor ladder cruise control switch rather than 3 separate discrete inputs.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

I believe it is not compatible.

E38/E67 rule of thumb:
    pre-2009 is not compatible with post-2009, and vice-versa;
    and 2009 is not compatible with either.
    Last edited by joecar; April 5th, 2016 at 01:51 PM.

Lifetime Member

ill try to get an 09 E67 and flash a trailblazer SS tune..
    been working on the wiring harness, looks like everything is correctly wired now. i didnt used the powertrain control relay pin,, and will need to do something for the reverse ligth, other then that, the E67 has all the signals needed for the 05 silverado cruise control, A/C, cluster etcetera.. just have some questionss,,
    ---on the E67 connector X3 PIN number 66 says: SIGNAL HIGH FRONT, whats that pin for??

---im runing a 6L80E. E67 does have the P/N signal PIN on X3 pin 47, this wire comes from the 6L80E, but i couldnt find a pin on the E67 for the TOSS (transmission output speed signal) that comes from the 6L80e??

---on the E67 pinout, connector X1 pin 24, it says VSS, but says: NOT USED.. i used this for the YE/BK wire that goes to the connector C152 pin E under fusebox, LS1 PCM use this wire for Vehicle Speed Signal OUT 129k/mile,, will it work??

Lifetime Member

ill try to get an 09 E67 and flash a trailblazer SS tune..
    been working on the wiring harness, looks like everything is correctly wired now. i didnt used the powertrain control relay pin,, and will need to do something for the reverse ligth, other then that, the E67 has all the signals needed for the 05 silverado cruise control, A/C, cluster etcetera.. just have some questionss,,
    ---on the E67 connector X3 PIN number 66 says: SIGNAL HIGH FRONT, whats that pin for?? I CHECK THIS ON THE DIAGRAMS AND THIS WIRE GOES FROM THE TCM TO PCM, I DONT REALLY KNOW WHATS THE FUNCTION OF THIS WIRE BUT, AS THE 6L80E DOESNT HAVE ONE I DIDNT USED IT AND SO FAR IT DIDNT CAUSED ANY MALFUNCTION CODE.

---im runing a 6L80E. E67 does have the P/N signal PIN on X3 pin 47, this wire comes from the 6L80E, but i couldnt find a pin on the E67 for the TOSS (transmission output speed signal) that comes from the 6L80e?? I DIDNT USED THIS ONE NEITHER AND DIDNT ACTIVATED ANY MALFUNCTION CODE, AND IT DOES READS SPEED BECAUSE I CHECK IT WITH EFILIVE SCAN TOOL

---on the E67 pinout, connector X1 pin 24, it says VSS, but says: NOT USED.. i used this for the YE/BK wire that goes to the connector C152 pin E under fusebox, LS1 PCM use this wire for Vehicle Speed Signal OUT 129k/mile,, will it work??

when i started this project i used the wiring diagram from a 2008 trailblazer ss, and succesfully flashed the 2012 colorado ECM with a 2009 trailblazer ss tune. when tried to start the truck it didnt started and showed starter relay circuit code, i double checked and everything was ok, then i went to mitchel online and got some 2009 trailblazer ss diagrams and it does have some differences betwen 08 and 09, the P/N wire and starter relay control wire are on different locations. i re-pin those with the correct location described on the 09 SS diagrams and it did started perfectly with no more codes, THATS THE ONLY DIFERENCE BETWEN 08 and 09 pinouts (ON ECM DIAGRAMS)

now everything works, all gages, cruice control, vats, ABS, etcetera,

just wanted to let know if someone ever do a project like this,,

truck is a 2005 silverado, single cab, small bed, 4x4, E67 09 trailblazer ss ecm, 2011 6l80e from a denali, still need to do the custom tune will report later

when i started this project i used the wiring diagram from a 2008 trailblazer ss, and succesfully flashed the 2012 colorado ECM with a 2009 trailblazer ss tune. when tried to start the truck it didnt started and showed starter relay circuit code, i double checked and everything was ok, then i went to mitchel online and got some 2009 trailblazer ss diagrams and it does have some differences betwen 08 and 09, the P/N wire and starter relay control wire are on different locations. i re-pin those with the correct location described on the 09 SS diagrams and it did started perfectly with no more codes, THATS THE ONLY DIFERENCE BETWEN 08 and 09 pinouts (ON ECM DIAGRAMS)

now everything works, all gages, cruice control, vats, ABS, etcetera,

just wanted to let know if someone ever do a project like this,,

truck is a 2005 silverado, single cab, small bed, 4x4, E67 09 trailblazer ss ecm, 2011 6l80e from a denali, still need to do the custom tune will report later
    Awesome! Nice work.

So you ended up hooking up the X1, pin 24 pin on the E67 to the yellow/black wire on C152 and the ABS works now? Thats the high res speed signal for the ABS module.

Does the PRND321 display work?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Awesome! Nice work.

So you ended up hooking up the X1, pin 24 pin on the E67 to the yellow/black wire on C152 and the ABS works now? Thats the high res speed signal for the ABS module.

Does the PRND321 display work?

I cant confirm about the ABS because looks like my ABS module isnt working, i cant read codes with tech2, it says serial data problems or not connection to that module, the module is under drivers seat and it looks corroed, ill check it,, but if someone have info about high res speed signal for the ABS let us know please.

PRND works correctly but if you changue to 3,2 or 1 it directly goes to 1 , i think because the 6L80e does not have 3 2 1, it has P R N D M, in tech 2 does reads P R N D and M.....4WD high and 4WD Low applies correctly,,..

I cant confirm about the ABS because looks like my ABS module isnt working, i cant read codes with tech2, it says serial data problems or not connection to that module, the module is under drivers seat and it looks corroed, ill check it,, but if someone have info about high res speed signal for the ABS let us know please.
    That yellow/black wire in C152 is a high-resolution 128,000 pulse-per-mile signal that goes from the ECM to the ABS module...since the ABS module is not wired directly to the rear wheels or output speed sensor...it gets its rear wheel speed from the output on the ECM. So that yellow/black wire will have to be hooked up to the 128k PPM pin on the E67 for ABS to work.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast