Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues with the April 2016 Beta Test Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with the April 2016 Beta Test Release

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the March 2016 Beta Test Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the April 2016 beta test release here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...a-Test-Release
    Download the public stable-release here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Beta test release software versions:

• Software: V7.5.7.304
    • Software: V8.2.2.295
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.98

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Last edited by Blacky; April 28th, 2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Issue 1.
    When opening a file to compare. If it is a Custom os file, and the other file is not a custom os, it will give you a floating point error and then when you do the compare f12, it shows every table is different. When you look at the actual difference, it is showing the values of 0 because the file isn't really open to compare. If you just hit update it corrupts the file.
    Putting 0s in every table.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Issue 1.
    When opening a file to compare. If it is a Custom os file, and the other file is not a custom os, it will give you a floating point error and then when you do the compare f12, it shows every table is different. When you look at the actual difference, it is showing the values of 0 because the file isn't really open to compare. If you just hit update it corrupts the file.
    Putting 0s in every table.
    Can you please send me the two files that you are comparing?
    Thanks
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I've sent a log and my tune file to support@efilive.com something is looking very weird about line pressure actual PID.

It has functioned fine in the past when I view with auto enginuity. Will try AE again tomorrow to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    I've sent a log and my tune file to support@efilive.com something is looking very weird about line pressure actual PID.
    What controller?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What controller?
    2010 CMD with CSP5 OS

Ok thanks, because none of the logging was tested by anyone on a real truck prior to this being released.
    I haven't looked at your logs but if possible can you please log just the PID group with the Pressure PID's and nothing more to see if there is any difference. Thanks.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ok thanks, because none of the logging was tested by anyone on a real truck prior to this being released.
    I haven't looked at your logs but if possible can you please log just the PID group with the Pressure PID's and nothing more to see if there is any difference. Thanks.
    Ross I logged line pressure actual (group7) this morning by itself in passthrough V8 and got the same result. Would you like the log emailed in?

I got the log thanks and yes something is very wrong there. Would love to hear if anyone else has tried logging trans data on the 2010-2012 PCM.

Lifetime Member

Ross I sent a whole new log in to support with some thoughts. Hopefully it is helpful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast