Thread: Timing correction tables

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Default Timing correction tables

Is there anything in the works for some timing correction tables for LML? Not sure if they are even in the programming but these trucks seem to be like all the others that would add timing for ect or intake air temp when cold. I tune my truck in the afternoon when it's warm it sounds good then i go drive in the morning to work when it's 30 degrees or less and its a little noisy, logs show extra timing also.

Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

LML timing maps/control in EFILive are screwed up in several ways. Are you messing with the "main injection, max timing" tables?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Yeah numbers are not really matching up in the tables, the one I adjust does change the timing I just don't get what I ask for, haven't really touched the max tables but may have to so the max can be limited.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Any luck with this? I'm curious as to why I cant get the timing to do as I say lol!

something is adding timing everywhere when it should be 1-3* its running 8-10* and rattles when you first take off bugging me bad and there are no timing correlation tables I have seen?
    Last edited by DieselMafialb7; February 18th, 2017 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselMafialb7 View Post
    Any luck with this? I'm curious as to why I cant get the timing to do as I say lol!

something is adding timing everywhere when it should be 1-3* its running 8-10* and rattles when you first take off bugging me bad and there are no
    There are a lot of things that effect timing. Temperatures, runtime, etc. You could track them all down I suppose, but it would take awhile. Just the way it is.

I have been looking and found no tables to adjust anything other then the main tables I made them all the same regardless of mode.

He'll I've noticed the truck doesn't even follow the stock maps all that well so definitely would be nice to see more timing tables to be mapped out for us.

Also I didn't have this issue deleting trucks this is just on my personal 16 that I was going to try building emissions compliant tunes for before I did deletes

I thought I was the only one. These trucks don't seem to follow what we see on timing. I also hit a wall on the trans, which im starting to wonder if its because of the truck actually being on different torque/ fuel tables making my transmission to be shifting far too fast and be in 6th gear below 45mph and 20%TP. Am I thinking crazy?
    2003 LB7 ECSB
    - Not Built, Intake, Mbrp Black Series 5" Straight, Banks Big Head Wastegate
    - Bagged in rear with Air Lift, 305/65/17
    - EFI Live By Myself, Used For Work
    - Sold at 242k

2011 LML CCSB
    - Stock... For Now

I resorted to stock timing tables after many failed attempts to get a handle on it. I used the timing calculator and tried 50%/50%....way too much, lots of rattle with cold ambient temps...and then a 25%/35% bias, where 25% was up to 1800 RPM and 35% from 2000 RPM on up......still rattled with cold ambient temps. Frankly, with a relatively "small tune", the truck runs quite well with the stock timing values. If anything at this point I will try a 2 degree increase and see how it likes it.

Mine are mostly stock except at idle and upper ends where the tables go out of range. Ex if I have 130 mm3 and table only goes to 120 mm3. I boost up the 120 mm3 row.