Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member intro and '411 swap question

Default New member intro and '411 swap question

Hi, I'm Josh, I'm from Southwest Washington State, but live in Oklahoma City about 90% of the time for work. I build hot rod, street rod, race stuff for a living, have done it for over seven years and worked as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic and a Millwright for extended periods as well. My EFILive tuning tool box consists of a commercial V2, innovative widebands and that's about it for EFILive at the moment. I have a bunch of rigs I can think of two or four that will probably get a '411 conversion at some point), but at the moment I'm gathering the needed info for a '411 pcm swap into my lady's '96 S10 Blazer. It's a 4.3l, 4L60E, 4X4 (it's keeping this drivetrain for now) and I'm looking to swap in a PCM that I have from a 2001-2002 S10 Blazer with a 4.3, 4L60E, 4X4 setup. I have the PCM and connectors with 4"-6" of wire, but now i'm just in need of a pinout to swap the '411 in and clarification on the trans wiring (I had originally read that it is just a repin, but I have also read about cutting, soldering, etc at the trans OR in the gauge cluster, put didn't know if that was just a fullsize truck thing). So thanks for having me on the board and thanks for all the time that folks have devoted to spreading knowledge!

Lifetime Member

Welcome from Seattle! I dont have the pinout for that PCM, mostly work with Gen IV+ stuff.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcomes!

Scarab, the Pacific Nortwest will ALWAYS be my home! There has never been another place that I have been like it!

Joecar, I have a door with the Australian flag covering it hanging on the shop wall here from a race we did with our Haltec rep. I think that pretty much every Aussie I've met have been good folks!

Does anyone know who has done a '96 to '411 swap? I've searched and searched and everyone refers to "swap diagrams", but I have yet to see any of them posted up anywhere. How do I track one down? Thanks again for all the help guys!

Try:
    eficonnection.com
    lt1swap.com

Thank you for the links, but I have already been through those sites and can't find the info I'm looking for (But I do like the pinout that shows the V6 and V8 PCM pinouts overlapped!). One of the big issues is that I have yet to find a pinout for a 4.3l '411. I don't know where ignition related pins would go and if any injector pins are different (like they are between the L31 and 4.3 black box PCMs).

Does anybody know if Lextech still offers the conversion spreadsheets I've read so much about and does anyone know about the trans wiring and if it applies to the S10 stuff? I've been searching, but can't get a straight answer because it's a one year only deal and most of what I find that is '96 is going with an L31, or has no wiring info.

Thanks everybody!

Let me see if I can find some S10/Xyclone contacts...

That would be awesome! Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast