Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pass through csp switches?

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Why Fish Tuning is still being brought up is beyond me??
    Because they are the ONLY company making a CSP switch that didn't have an agreement with EFILive to do so.

The point behind any of this was "Whats the big deal behind being able to switch CSP Tunes?"
    Ok, because switchable tuning does give EFILive and the tuners using it an edge (no pun intended) over people not using EFILive. I think it is our right to say who can and can't profit from our IP that we came up with. You know EFILive doesn't make one cent from a switch sold by SoCal or Startlite's app. But those companies invested in making a switching device (probably spent a fair amount of money doing it) and worst case scenario we don't want to see them coming out of China for $5 and they both get burned. Too much of that happens in the western world now and it is sad to see.

They are basic commands being issued, that are already being openly used on the Bus, to perform an already openly used task....
    In the case of CSP5 switching they are far from that (on purpose), not so on the older GM VPW bus.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Because they are the ONLY company making a CSP switch that didn't have an agreement with EFILive to do so.

Ok, because switchable tuning does give EFILive and the tuners using it an edge (no pun intended) over people not using EFILive. I think it is our right to say who can and can't profit from our IP that we came up with. You know EFILive doesn't make one cent from a switch sold by SoCal or Startlite's app. But those companies invested in making a switching device (probably spent a fair amount of money doing it) and worst case scenario we don't want to see them coming out of China for $5 and they both get burned. Too much of that happens in the western world now and it is sad to see.

In the case of CSP5 switching they are far from that (on purpose), not so on the older GM VPW bus.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Appears to be a lot of water under the bridge with Fish. It is very clear now who we need to be buying our switches from. I assumed that since some of your biggest autocal sellers were selling Fish switches then they would be supported. Having those switches sold and installed could have a huge impact on some companies that have been using them. I have used a few myself but now I am glad I didn't make a bulk purchase....

I appreciate the honest answer of you saying you're attempting to just monopolize any type of switch production to two companies.

You're trying to create a niche in the market. That's understandable. But at the same time, every market is always going to have a 3rd party aftermarket industry. I mean EFILive is 3rd party aftermarket to GM and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. I'm sure they can say the same exact thing about what we do but it doesn't stop us from doing what we do with your product on a daily basis. We base our decision to buy your product based on overall quality. Quality of product, quality service, and the amount of supported features. We choose to overlook the fact that it's not an officially licensed product of GM or FCA. I'm sure those 2 companies can say "You can run our tuning that's tested and proven or that Chinese equivalent tuning offered by the people using their product." Doesn't mean you didn't put in the time and R&D to create EFI and/or modifications of the operating systems to add additional features. But GM let's us do as we please as long as we aren't trying to "return to stock without trace" and claim warranty work with damage having been done because of our tuning and claiming it as their fault. Yep, same applies here as Cindy was stating earlier that no support would be given, but you also make no money off the switches and have never offered any type of support on switches or tuning to begin with. Only with actual V7.5 or V8 and cos operation glitches and errors.

In all honesty, if SoCal or Starlight offer a good quality switch, with quality features, and excellent durability for a decent price they have nothing to worry about. Because if 3rd party manufacturers can't compare, the free market system will do its justice. But either way it just supports the sales of autocals, v2s, and vin licences. Just like we support the sale of GM, Dodges, Holdens, ect. They're not gonna complain about that.

Its not as simple, but definitely far from impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I assumed that since some of your biggest autocal sellers were selling Fish switches then they would be supported. Having those switches sold and installed could have a huge impact on some companies that have been using them. I have used a few myself but now I am glad I didn't make a bulk purchase....
    They all knew the risk of doing that, it was made very clear when the Fish tuning switch appeared.

I appreciate the honest answer of you saying you're attempting to just monopolize any type of switch production to two companies.
    Really, that is the way you see it? EFILive trying to create a monopoly? I'm offended by that Josh and I would suggest if that is how you think we operate then this discussion should probably come to an end.
    If it wasn't for the actions of Fish tuning then there would have been many more switching options on the market by now, their actions put the switching product expansion on hold still to this day unfortunately. What is going on behind the scenes with all this goes far deeper than what EFILive would be prepared to discuss on an open forum.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Really, that is the way you see it? EFILive trying to create a monopoly? I'm offended by that Josh and I would suggest if that is how you think we operate then this discussion should probably come to an end.
    All I'm doing is seeing it on the large scale as its being portrayed. That is all. Looking at the situation that's been created and offering perspective.

Being Fish is constantly being brought up... Let me ask this for an ending question. Is this only applying to them or 3rd party as a whole. Because I'm referring to 3rd party as a whole and you're singling them out as if there is no other 3rd party or ever will be anyone else. If Joe Schmo made a compatible CSP switch that had touch screen module that changed tunes along with various other features; I'm getting the impression that he would be thrown in the same boat as fish. (No pun intended)

Hence how I formed that conclusion.

Trying to better understand the stance and outlook of the company we give hundreds of thousands of dollars to. And what direction they're headed.

No hard feelings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chavez91; September 7th, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

We license the use of the switching technology to whoever requests it (has always been that way). So if Joe Schmo has a product that he would like to add CSP switching too all he needs to do is ask and if we think it will be a good match then he can use it. Do you think Fish tuning asked us? Do you think the companies that almost had agreements in place are happy about what has transpired now that everything is on hold because of the actions of one person?

Trying to better understand the stance and outlook of the company I give hundreds of thousands of dollars to. And what direction they're headed.
    I'm not sure what your actual problem is with how things are though, do you want to sell a switch?
    Last edited by GMPX; April 21st, 2016 at 09:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123