Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass through csp switches?

Default Pass through csp switches?

Hey guys, new here and getting efilive for my 2010 cummins 6.7 in a week or less. Will be running an autocal with csp5 as well as an edge cts2 insight for parameters/gauges. I did read on here this morning that around a year ago efilive had only worked with socal and Starlite for pass thru switches. Just wondering if that's still the case or if efilive has "ok'd" any other brands of pass thru switches to be used with their tuning.

Thanks. Zach.

Lifetime Member

Do you have a specific reason for wanting a different switch? I have had nothing but great experience with the socal switches.

No. I just need a switch that'll work with my cts2 and won't effect the efilive tuning down the road as someone here said their tuning goes in and out with some other switches.

Keep in mind that Anytime you flash it's always a Best Practice to connect direct to the OBDII port not via any pass through such as CSP switches, CT/CTS monitor pass through cables etc..
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Socal and Starlite are the only approved vendors for the CSP5 switch, is there another brand ?

Good Luck
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Well I thought there was I also heard the socal switch is hit and miss with playing nice with the cts2 so I'm wondering if the Starlite switch has better ratings as far as working with cts2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zach6.7CTD View Post
    Well I thought there was I also heard the socal switch is hit and miss with playing nice with the cts2 so I'm wondering if the Starlite switch has better ratings as far as working with cts2
    I've got a couple 4th gen trucks with CTS2's and socal CSP5 is the only switch I use. Including on my truck.

ALWAYS go direct to OBD2 when flashing the PCM because the switches talk on CAN bus that the Autocal/V2 is trying to flash across. Cross talk fails flashes m'kay.

Yea . I'd never not flash directly to obd2. You'd think that'd be common sense to most people haha

Well, all too often we get support requests of failed flashes because people were changing tunes on the switch while it was being flashed
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Makes sense. Is there any word on how the fish tuning switch works with the tunes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast