Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass through csp switches?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zach6.7CTD View Post
    Makes sense. Is there any word on how the fish tuning switch works with the tunes.
    It's not approved or tested by EFILive, and won't ever be approved. EFILive doesn't offer any support to customers experiencing issues when that switch is installed on a vehicle. The switch needs to be removed before support will be provided given it's unapproved and untested in our development environment.

One day it may just stop working after an update.......approved switches will continue to be functional...go figure

It's always the customer's call on what integration product they choose; you just need to weigh up that risk.

Cheers
    Cindy

Ok so a socal switch and if I'm concerned about my cts2 working I could just get an obd splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    It's not approved or tested by EFILive, and won't ever be approved. EFILive doesn't offer any support to customers experiencing issues when that switch is installed on a vehicle. The switch needs to be removed before support will be provided given it's unapproved and untested in our development environment.

One day it may just stop working after an update.......approved switches will continue to be functional...go figure

It's always the customer's call on what integration product they choose; you just need to weigh up that risk.

Cheers
    Cindy
    That was a bit........... harsh.

It's a good product nonetheless.

The EDGE CTS & CTS2 isn't approved for Duramax Switching. But it's not like anyone uses those anyways.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    On no, it could have been a lot worse

The EDGE CTS & CTS2 isn't approved for Duramax Switching. But it's not like anyone uses those anyways.
    That is true, but there was no attempt by EFILive to disguise the switching system for the Duramax which is why Edge are able to do it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, all too often we get support requests of failed flashes because people were changing tunes on the switch while it was being flashed
    I was about to say common sense isn't so common.. This affirms that.

Lifetime Member

It's a good product nonetheless.

Are you sure about that? There is a legal document in place with Edge. You might want to ask Fish Tuning if they have a similar document....although I can answer that question for you - they don't.

Cheers
    Cindy

Not sure how Edge expect us to troubleshoot their hardware. I guess we could assist you if they listed what operating systems their product supports and what it does not support. Basic documentation on integration would also be helpful. But I guess if they did that you wouldn't be asking and they would have already helped you.

It's no wonder we never went down the path of approving the integration and extending year model support with customer service and after sales support like that!

Cheers
    Cindy
    Edge were never given official permission to do the switching BTW, they just did it.
    That is true, but there was no attempt by EFILive to disguise the switching system for the Duramax which is why Edge are able to do it.
    Just from only reading these posts from the past year, one would be under the impression that it had been discussed at one point, but being never officially approved. Edge still went through with it regardless and it was just accepted as is? But I mean, yet again, that's looking from the outside in..... Just making sense of the information given.....

Just would seem like that everyone that already bought CSP switches and installed them would need to buy new ones or have some kind of trade out program if there was anything changed in the way the switching takes place..... But just another observation.

I use my little arduino with a can module and it works just fine to do switching and control the other things it runs.

Either way, none of it really matters to me. Just observing.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Chavez91; April 19th, 2016 at 06:38 PM.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Just would seem like that everyone that already bought CSP switches and installed them would need to buy new ones or have some kind of trade out program if there was anything changed in the way the switching takes place.....
    Not with the SoCal ones.

I use my little arduino with a can module and it works just fine to do switching and control the other things it runs.
    Your Arduino switches CSP5?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Just from only reading these posts from the past year, one would be under the impression that it had been discussed at one point, but being never officially approved. Edge still went through with it regardless and it was just accepted as is? But I mean, yet again, that's looking from the outside in..... Just making sense of the information given..... .
    Appropriate legal agreements are in place. The moral compass is what has been previously expressed.

Just would seem like that everyone that already bought CSP switches and installed them would need to buy new ones or have some kind of trade out program if there was anything changed in the way the switching takes place..... But just another observation.

Either way, none of it really matters to me. Just observing.

Carry on.
    I'd say just like a ripped off copy of a movie or a counterfeit watch, the rightful owner of the technology/product isn't going to offer a discount or trade in.

That would be a question you would need to ask Fish how they will handle their product not working, maybe they have plans to purchase legitimate switches and offer you that swap out program.

Cheers
    Cindy

Appropriate legal agreements are in place. The moral compass is what has been previously expressed.
    Ok, thats fine. There's some clarification to the question.

I'd say just like a ripped off copy of a movie or a counterfeit watch, the rightful owner of the technology/product isn't going to offer a discount or trade in.

That would be a question you would need to ask Fish how they will handle their product not working, maybe they have plans to purchase legitimate switches and offer you that swap out program.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Why Fish Tuning is still being brought up is beyond me??

I'm not here defending anyone or anything. Seems as if there is a misinterpretation somewhere.

I made a simple statement essentially staying that "Yes, they make a quality product." (End of statement) It's really more of an opinion. Kind of in the same sense that I think Apple products are trash. Doesn't mean I have any affiliation with them or a competitor.

Whether you have a bone to pick with them or not (it's obviously become apparent as so) is really no ones concern, I don't think.

I mean, personally I don't care.

The point behind any of this was "Whats the big deal behind being able to switch CSP Tunes?"

I mean, I can see and understand your perspective (to an extent) of the comparison of it to a counterfeit watch, or movie.... For example, 3rd Party switches that were exact copies, kind of like some of the cheap tuning devices or products you see coming out of China. But in another perspective, what makes it any different from me making a device that can plug into the Bus and allow me to lock and unlock the doors, display messages on the dash, turn on and off the A/C, turn signals, enable or disable the electric fans or headlights, ECT.... from my phone or any device for the fact of matter.... Sure its GM's software on the devices. But its all communication done with un-encrypted data on an "open to the public" bus. No code is being modified or changed. And no code is being claimed as any ones own. They are basic commands being issued, that are already being openly used on the Bus, to perform an already openly used task....

Doesn't seem like all that big of a deal, in all honesty. Because that's like saying you can't apply 3v to pin 32 on a LLY ecm because its "copyrighted." That would be insanity. Or GM saying that I can't send the command to roll down the drivers window because the command is "copyrighted." It really wouldn't make much sense.... In my opinion. Sure GM could do that, but I'm pretty sure that's why there were regulations put in place so manufacturers couldn't do things like that. Hence why we have SAE's and ISO's, for example.

But if we are talking about a mirrored switch design and layout? Different interpretations are going to apply to the matter. I only care about how the switching is done, as that is the only problem I can see that is being had, based on the previous replies in this thread.

Josh
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast