Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the key for an LS2Edit E67 from the original *.LS2 files.

Scarab, Mobile, I appreciate that. I actually don't have a "stock" tune. I don't even know what car the tune I'm using is based on, and the OS isn't in the compatibility list, so I wouldn't even know which e67 ECMs might be safe to flash this into beyond ones already running it!

I'm just trying to get a fuller understanding of what's going on in the file I originally read out, as well as become certain I can safely get another otherwise unusable ECM onto some more user-friendly software!

Lifetime Member

Interesting fact, just opened the tune Ross posted up of yours that's fixed in V8. No VIN was shown. Opened in V7.5 and I got a valid VIN...

Looks like it's out of a Pontiac Solstice 2.4L 5MT car.

So Ross, is there something going on here?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

That is the chassis, but that is not the drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    So Ross, is there something going on here?
    As far as the VIN not showing in V8? Yes the VIN detection is different between V7 and V8, to fix his file a lot of info was lost from the original ctz which is why it shows as blank when re-loaded.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As far as the VIN not showing in V8? Yes the VIN detection is different between V7 and V8, to fix his file a lot of info was lost from the original ctz which is why it shows as blank when re-loaded.
    Oh, that's interesting. I really don't want to be taking up all of your time here, Ross, and I certainly don't expect EFILive to build out any special support for the calibration in my ECM, but what kind of info got lost in the conversion? Stuff I need to re-tune or OS behavior?

The car this is in is partially disassembled in preparation for an engine replacement, but the old program was a bit unique (and I don't know if this is accurate or true) in that it allowed the ECM to run an LS-motor while playing nice with the chassis BCM and EBC (for traction and stability control). Maybe this isn't as unique as I've been lead to believe, but an alternative ECM running a GMPP crate motor program was definitely not up to dealing with traction/stability control interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    Oh, that's interesting. I really don't want to be taking up all of your time here, Ross, and I certainly don't expect EFILive to build out any special support for the calibration in my ECM, but what kind of info got lost in the conversion?
    Nothing got 'lost' from the ECM portion of the file, some meta data in the ctz only, nothing to worry about.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate the time you've spent on this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    That is the chassis, but that is not the drivetrain.
    Gotcha, reread your first post that this has a swapped engine from a CTS-V. Got confused when you said you dont know what car it's based on, it looks like your Solstice OS has been merged (or patched) with a LSA V8 engine segment. Unfortunately without knowing who the original cal came from and/or what they did to make it work, it makes things a bit tricky (which is why you're in this!).

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Got it, just figured I'd call it out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Gotcha, reread your first post that this has a swapped engine from a CTS-V. Got confused when you said you dont know what car it's based on, it looks like your Solstice OS has been merged (or patched) with a LSA V8 engine segment. Unfortunately without knowing who the original cal came from and/or what they did to make it work, it makes things a bit tricky (which is why you're in this!).
    The source of the ECM and it's pre-loaded calibration isn't particularly interested in enabling a switch to a competing tuning product, but that software was costing me a lot in extra dyno time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12