Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding the key for an LS2Edit E67 from the original *.LS2 files.

Default Finding the key for an LS2Edit E67 from the original *.LS2 files.

Hi,
    I've just started making the switch from LS2Edit to EFILive, and am currently running a LS3 via an E67 that has a '09 CTS-V OS in a swapped car.
    I'm actually the original tuner, have all the cables & dongles and the .LS2 files used to program the ECM. I don't have a "stock" tune to reprogram it with, as the ECM was supplied by Carputing with the base of my current tune already installed!

I definitely didn't intentionally lock the ECM, and I can't find any lock/unlock options in LS2Edit.

I was really hoping to start from the LS2Edit tune already in the car because it's already running the car well, I just switched over because the other software is a bit clunky!

Unfortunately, EFILive can't read the ECM, because of whatever key is stored off by LS2Edit.

Has anybody managed to find where to extract the key from either an .LS2 file, or a datalog of the ECM<->Programmer communications LS2Prog can generate?

The existing ECM is a bit of a brick if I can't use it with EFILive, and it turns out my spare E67 isn't compatible with the '09 CTS-V OS. If I can avoid buying another E67, and starting from scratch, I'd love to.
    Last edited by required field; April 14th, 2016 at 03:43 PM.

I wasn't aware that LS2Edit locked the ECM's from other software, I am only going on what I knew of them back in the LS1Edit days when a 'lock' really only stopped other LS1Edit users.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Definitely locked, I tried the "Try Alt Keys" option, and also "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" after an initial read failed.
    I only tried them together, though. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding their usage though, and should try them independently?

I've also got a bench harness, if trying to read outside the car could impact the success here.

Hmmm...
    Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Burned a license to re-program it with the calibration I just read out of it, and every time, even with a full flash, I get an error:
    "Script exited with code $06FF: Checksum failure."

Original ECM read:
    Engine Operation 12633849 $A927B051

Read after the checksum failure:
    Engine Operation 12633849 $414B4215 Checksum invalid.

I've attached the file I was trying to write if someone is interested in taking a look.
    This was a working calibration beforehand, and EFILive's editor seemed to be happy with it,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use this file from now on, they did something silly to trick the checksums.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That was perfect! Writes & runs the car just like it did with the original LS2Edit calibration.

Thanks for the help!

Is correcting the checksum calculation something I can do within the EFILive editor?
    I was going to help another guy with a similar setup move to something a bit more modern, but I don't want to keep bothering you.

If not, I guess I can read it and use the file you provided me as a c&p target for all the tables.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    That was perfect! Writes & runs the car just like it did with the original LS2Edit calibration.

Thanks for the help!

Is correcting the checksum calculation something I can do within the EFILive editor?
    I was going to help another guy with a similar setup move to something a bit more modern, but I don't want to keep bothering you.

If not, I guess I can read it and use the file you provided me as a c&p target for all the tables.
    Can't speak for additional requests, but check out the scripting function within V7.5 Tune tool. If you have a stock file and the current tune, you can create a script file that copies the differences into a plain text file (table #s, values). Makes sure the units are the same on both files, then run the script against whichever file you want and the changes will be copied over. Makes moving large amounts of changes between files MUCH easier.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    Yes, but it may not have been in there for that OS. It would normally be under Operating System Patches.

To confirm, you're not referring to the "force checksums to be correct" option, right?
    From the docs, that sounds like a solution to a different problem.

Just for my own understanding, with the file I posted, were the failed writes due to the ECM rejecting the incoming data, or was the flash software trying to 'protect' me from flashing an abnormal few segments? (If the latter, I totally get it, and I appreciate efforts to prevent bricking of ECMs!)

If its an issue just compare to stock and save the differences as a script as mentioned. Then apply to a clean file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast