Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E67 Electric Fan Help please

Default E67 Electric Fan Help please

Greetings, I have an E67 PCM with the attached tune. I used to have a LS1B and the Fan setting made sense. Now looking at this I do not know how to set these to trigger on and off.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2Aspire View Post
    Greetings, I have an E67 PCM with the attached tune. I used to have a LS1B and the Fan setting made sense. Now looking at this I do not know how to set these to trigger on and off.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

Matt
    there you have
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

400ss ... the PWM % breakpoints in that text document do not apply to this tune.

Matt, the PWM % breakpoints for the 2007 TBSS E67 tune that you posted are:
    - Fan 1 OFF = 46%
    - Fan 1 ON = 48%
    - Fan 2 OFF = 85%
    - Fan 2 ON = 90%

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    400ss ... the PWM % breakpoints in that text document do not apply to this tune.

Matt, the PWM % breakpoints for the 2007 TBSS E67 tune that you posted are:
    - Fan 1 OFF = 46%
    - Fan 1 ON = 48%
    - Fan 2 OFF = 85%
    - Fan 2 ON = 90%
    True, my mistake, those posted by me are for the E38 right?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    True, my mistake, those posted by me are for the E38 right?
    Some full-size Trucks (E38) used the PWM % breakpoints that you posted. Camaro, Corvette, G8, etc. were different.

These values may be set to any percentage (%).

The two TBSS tunes from PCM of NC that you posted in your other thread, use different PWM % than any of the tunes discussed in this thread.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Some full-size Trucks (E38) used the PWM % breakpoints that you posted. Camaro, Corvette, G8, etc. were different.

These values may be set to any percentage (%).

The two TBSS tunes from PCM of NC that you posted in your other thread, use different PWM % than any of the tunes discussed in this thread.
    thank you Sir, great to know , there is no much info about that.

Lifetime Member

Hi Matt … received your PM … will save receiving a dozen more from other people, if I answer in this thread.

Please refer to the PWM % breakpoints listed in post #3. These ONLY apply to your tune. Speartech has used unique breakpoints (especially for Fan 1).

Below is a picture of the ECT Fan Controls (G0901) from the tune that you posted (with descriptions added). You simply decide at what engine coolant temperature (ECT) you would like the fans to turn OFF or ON, then enter the corresponding PWM % breakpoint in the corresponding cell of the table. Once this is done, if there is a cell (or cells) between the values that you have entered, simply blend these in a linear fashion.

Hope this makes sense …. Gen IV tuning is very different from Gen III.

Took a very brief look at the rest of your tune - it is a MAF Only tune (i.e. it runs off of the MAF 100% of the time). Not sure if you have Forced Induction (turbocharger / supercharger) - the MAP and Fuel Injector data is a bit odd – hopefully it works OK for your application.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fan Control - ECT.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	19521  

Thanks Taz!
    I understand completely why you chose to respond here as this will help others that do not understand this configuration as well.

So a couple of questions.. How do you set the fans to turn on/off simultaneously as was the option in Gen III?

How do I set a target temp below 192? So say for instance I want to Turn both on at 195 and off at 185?

As for the Car, I do have a supercharger. Edelbrock Eforce with a Lingenfelter GT9 Blower Cam. It starts and runs but haven't done much with it outside of that until I have someone qualified to tune this platform. For now I was looking at some of the , what I thought would be "simple" stuff. I focused on fan settings as the one fan is not enough to cool it as was the case before when I had the Gen III set-up.

As always I greatly appreciate your advise.

Thanks! Matt

Lifetime Member

... How do you set the fans to turn on/off simultaneously as was the option in Gen III? ...
    In the cell (G0901) at the temperature you wish both Fans to activate (turn ON), enter 92. All cells above this (hotter), set to 99.

In the cell (G0901) at the temperature you wish both Fans to deactivate (turn OFF), enter 40. All cells below this (colder), set to 25.

In the cells (G0901) between (if there are any) your turn OFF and turn ON entries, set to 87.

... How do I set a target temp below 192? So say for instance I want to Turn both on at 195 and off at 185? ...
    To lower the table (G0901) range you need to apply a Patch. Make sure your V2 is plugged into your Notebook computer before you open your tune - this will load "hidden" parameters.

First, confirm the Patch has not already been applied. Open G0901 - if the table begins at 192 F, then the Patch has not been applied.

Next, in the Engine Operation folder, look for a RED folder - Operating System Patches. Open this folder, you will find a Cooling Fan Patch (B9904). It should display "Not Applied".

To activate the Patch, select "Applied", save the tune and exit the software. A Full-Flash of the E67 ECM is required to activate the Patch.

To work with the G0901 table in future, your V2 must be plugged in to your Notebook before you open the tune. The table range should now be altered - beginning at 160 F.

Excellent!

I will give this a try when I get back home this weekend.

Thanks Taz for your support! I greatly appreciate it!

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast