Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lq4 Tune help

Default lq4 Tune help

Hi, I am currently tuning my 67 chev with an lq4 and a stock 4l80e. It has 317 heads, a comp cams cam, and springs. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my tune and make sure I'm not drastically screwing anything up. The only specific question I had was JoeCar said my up/dawn shift tables are upside down. I am not sure exactly what he means, but if you could give me some pointers that would be awesome. I am still doing the AUTOVE tuning process and then I will be doing RAFIG. Thanks again for any advice and input!
    This is my cam, and I got matching springs for it.
    http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1092&sb=2
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also smoothed out the VE table and changed my WOT shifts to 100% as was suggested to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prormk163
    up/down shift tables are upside down
    the downshift mph has to be below the upshift mph, otherwise it is said to be upside-down (and may not upshift and/or downshift).

D0910-2: set these to 40 mph (and now these are above D0925-7).
    D0915-7: set these to 70 mph (and now these are above D0930-2).
    D0920-2: set these to 90 mph (and now these are above D0935-7).

B4206: set this to Disable

and now redo AutoVE.

For my own reference: cam spec is 224/230 114 +2
    Last edited by joecar; April 19th, 2016 at 03:31 AM.

I'm useless for your trans stuff, but I can make observations for the log you made. At frame 1200 you get into the throttle(at 60 mph) and start leaning out(an EQ of 1.15), when you let off the throttle you hit 1.285. You don't seem to accelerate much so Im guessing maybe you were feathering the brakes. At frame 1500, you start laying into the throttle again and this time peak at an EQ of 1.4-thats really lean under load and going 70mph. During that time you also see a lot of knock retard activity.

If it were me, I'd multiply those areas of the VE table by 1.1 at least so you don't run into the lean issues while tuning.

Thanks! I have changed all these things and uploaded Cal to PCM. Now my wideband (Lc-1) says error 2. I replaced the sensor (bsch 17014) and it still claims error 2. I went through heater and free air cal and no avail. This is the second time I've had troubles with the LC-1, and I'm pretty frustrated. 2 uses out of a $200 item is pretty frustrating. It is wired just as it is shown in the installation manual. So assuming they don't do any warranties I will have to throw another $200 wideband controller at it. I guess the money doesnt piss me off as much as not being able to drive/tune it for another week until I order it and it shows up. Thanks a lot for your replies!

Did you run the problem by Innovate...?

Yes sir. I called and the tech support I spoke with told me there is no way to test the O2 heater circuit. I downloaded the specs and data sheet for the 17014 and it said about 2.9 ohms cold. Which it had. But I replaced it anyway. Same code after calibration and replacement. I was told if that didn't fix it it was the cable. The odd thing is that the O2 sensor heater circuit works (with error 2), and my Wideband gives me an Accurate (as far as I can tell) AFR. He told me that I would need to buy an LC2. He also said check my grounds, which is fastened to the cab with a lead to the Cyl head ground. I will post my log shortly.

Default Recent Log/tun

So here is the log I did tonight. I made the changes/multipliers and it still looks like its running rich. It does seem pretty sad on the bottom end from a stop, but creates a lot of power after 2500 rpm, but thats what I get with that cam choice. My wideband seems to work alright despite the error 2. Thanks again for your help! I'm not sure if I should stick with my LC1 or go get a different wideband as I'm not sure if I can trust the accuracy of this one. sdautovtune.ctzLog_0001-23apr.efi

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast