Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which wideband in EFILive V8 do I choose?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you're not using EGR, then you could use the EGR pintle position 0-5V input for your wideband, as Erik said.
    There has to be a way to use this analog wideband ....

Talked with my tuner, Overkill, he siad there isnt an EGR pintle available to do that (no EGR on the car).

Attached is the pin-out for my car
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6pwi7u9q...RevF.xlsx?dl=0

I am using pin 38 next to GM Lan Data+/- right now for E85/Flex Fuel Sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
    There has to be a way to use this analog wideband ....

Talked with my tuner, Overkill, he siad there isnt an EGR pintle available to do that (no EGR on the car).

Attached is the pin-out for my car
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f6pwi7u9q...RevF.xlsx?dl=0

I am using pin 38 next to GM Lan Data+/- right now for E85/Flex Fuel Sensor.

You can buy a Innovate LC2 for $150 shipped that has serial out. You couldnt pay me to fight with an analog wideband again, havent used one in EFI Live since you could use serial widebands.

Quote Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post

There would be unsed EGR pins on the ECM connector, you would have to populate these pins and enable EGR input in the tune.

Or, could use ACP or EOP inputs.

Why are you using AC instead of FS...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Why are you using AC instead of FS...?
    Im sorry...i may just be dense...AC instead of FS? I am new to the whole tuning process...still learning.

Derek, what you can do is wire in the analog signal from your wideband to one of the factory 0-5v signal wires such as the aircon pressure sensor or EGR, regardless of the car having used egr the pcm still has the logic to take a signal from it.

Then you setup the autocal/flashscan or software to log the factory sensor, you then use a calculated pid to convert the voltage to an afr/lambda signal.

You can use the 0-5v pins for practically anything, i myself use it for widebands & even the ethanol & fuel temperature from a flex fuel sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Derek, what you can do is wire in the analog signal from your wideband to one of the factory 0-5v signal wires such as the aircon pressure sensor or EGR, regardless of the car having used egr the pcm still has the logic to take a signal from it.

Then you setup the autocal/flashscan or software to log the factory sensor, you then use a calculated pid to convert the voltage to an afr/lambda signal.

You can use the 0-5v pins for practically anything, i myself use it for widebands & even the ethanol & fuel temperature from a flex fuel sensor.
    We have a flex fuel sensor wired in right now and are reading that through the autocal-and we had to enable pin 38 on the ECM. So, i see what you mean now. Ill link my tuner to this thread and let him take a look.

Thanks

May end up just going with a serial (LC-2) and being done with it as it will wire right up to the Autocal after i connect a serial connector to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12